PAN means Permanent Account Number which consists of 10 special characters. PAN card once issued by the department of Indian Income Tax remains valid for the lifetime of the applicant.
It is required extensively in several financial transactions on day to day basis such as in the opening of bank account, assets related transactions over and a specified limit, etc. Therefore any kind of spelling errors and other mistakes in your PAN card details can lead to many problems. And to avoid any such problem, one should apply for PAN card correction online which is a very simple and time-saving process.
Details about PAN card correction
Anyone who wants to apply for the PAN card correction can simply visit the web portals of either of the following:
Reasons for PAN card correction
The possible reasons why an applicant would apply for any sort of changes or corrections in the existing PAN card are as follows:
- Error in the Applicant’s name
- Error in the Father’s name of the applicant
- Fault in the Date of birth of the applicant
- Misprinting in the existing PAN
- Unclear photo and sign
- Changes in the address details
Steps for PAN card correction
- Firstly, visit the official website of NSDL
- Then, click on “Changes or Correction in existing PAN data” under “application type.”
- Fill in details in the application form such as:
- Name, Last name and middle name
- Date of birth or date of incorporation as the case may be
- E-mail Id
- Mobile number
- PAN number
- Now enter the Captcha Code.
- Then click on the “submit button”.
- After submitting all the details you will be redirected to a new page.
- Fill up the application form and provide all the details concerning changes or updates of the following:
- Father’s name
- Address for future communications, etc.
- Then select the corresponding box on the left margin of an appropriate field where the correction is required.
- Click on the “Next option.”
- In the next page, upload all the supporting documents namely:
- Valid proof of Identity
- Age proof
- Proof of address for communication, etc.
- Then verify all the details and proceed for the payment on the next page.
- After making the payment and acknowledgment number will be displayed on the screen.
- Then save this acknowledgment number for tracking the status of the correction application.
Moreover, to track the status of the correct application, the applicant shall visit the official web-portal of either of the two:
Once all the details are updated, you can download your corrected or modified e-PAN online.
Processing Fees for PAN card correction
The charges for processing the PAN card correction application are INR. 110 (Rs 93 plus Goods & Services Tax @ 18%) in case if the communication address is within India and INR. 1020 (Application fee INR. 93.00 + Dispatch Charges INR. 771.00) plus 18.00% Goods & Services Tax)if it is outside India.