What is PAN card 49A?
PAN card 49A is an application form for the allotment of Permanent Account Number (PAN) which is applicable in case of the following:
- Indian Citizens
- Indian Companies
- Entities incorporated in India
- Unincorporated entities formed in India
PAN is of immense importance in terms of financial transactions. It is a unique code with the help of which the IT department tracks all the monetary transactions. Thereby prevents the evasion of tax by tax-payers. Moreover, it is also used as important Identity proof. This is why almost everyone applies for a PAN card.
Types of PAN application form
|Type of Form||Description|
|Form 49 A||Indian Citizens/Indian Companies/Entities incorporated in India/ Unincorporated entities formed in India are required to fill this form.<</|
|Form 49 AA||This form is required to be filled by Individuals not being a Citizen of India/Entities incorporated outside India/ Unincorporated entities formed outside India.|
Elements of PAN card form 49A
|1.||Assessing Officer (AO code)||Area code, AO type, Range code, and AO No.|
|2.||Full Name||Last Name / Surname, first name, and Middle Name|
|3.||Abbreviations||As you would like to be printed on the PAN card|
|4.||Gender||Whether male or female|
|5.||Date of Birth||For Individual applicant- the actual date of birth
For organizations-Date of Incorporation/date of partnership deed/Trust deed.
|6.||Father’s name||Mention your father’s name, surname, and middle name.|
|7.||Address||Enter your correct residential and office address|
|8.||Address for communication||Select either your residential or office address in this category for future communication.|
|9.||Telephone Number & Email ID details||Provide your contact no. and e-mail Id here|
|10.||Status of applicant||Mention your status whether you are an individual, trust, body of Individual, a HUF member, Company, Partnership firm, etc.|
|11.||Registration Number||Enter the registration of companies, firms, etc.|
|12.||Source of Income||Enter the source from where your income is generated.|
|13.||Documents||Here, upload documents of Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA).|
How to apply for PAN in form 49A?
Steps for applying PAN in form 49A are as follows:
- Log on to the official web-portal of NSDL.
- Click on “Application Type” and select form 49A.
- Then, fill the following details in the application form:
- Last name, middle name, and surname
- Date of Birth/formation/Incorporation
- E-mail Id
- Mobile No.
- Now, enter the Captcha Code
- Then, click on the “submit button.”
- Fill the next application form.
- Furthermore, upload the relevant documents.
- Make a payment of INR 110 (Application fee INR 93.00 INR + 18.00% Goods & Services Tax]
- Then, an acknowledgment number will be generated.
- Moreover, save and print the acknowledgment number.
- PAN will be issued by the department within a maximum period of 15 days after complete the verification of documents submitted by the applicant.
Furthermore, you can download the soft copy of PAN from your registered E-mail Id.
Documents to be submitted as proof in form 49A
|Sr.No.||Category||Types of documents required
(Anyone of the following)
|1.||Date of Birth||
|2.||Proof of Identity||
|3.||Proof of address||
(ii) Copy of following documents(not more than 3 months old)
Related Article- PAN Verification