- Why do we require a Duplicate Pan Card?
- What is a PAN Card?
- Application for Duplicate Pan Card
- Steps to Online application for a Duplicate PAN Card:
- Payment for Application of Duplicate PAN Card
- Surrender of Duplicate PAN Card
- Procedure to surrender Duplicate PAN Card online
- Procedure to surrender Duplicate PAN Card offline
Why do we require a Duplicate Pan Card?
You may apply for a duplicate PAN card under all or any of the following circumstances:
- Any damage to the card.
- In case the card had been stolen or lost.
- In case of any irregularities concerning the details on the card.
What is a PAN Card?
- PAN is a 10 digit alphanumeric number issued in form of a laminated card to every person who applies for it.
- It shall be issued to every Indian Citizen.
- The Income Tax Department issues this card which also serves as proof of identity.
- The idea of a PAN is to be easily able to deal with financial transactions like getting salaries, sale/purchase of assets, etc.
- All those whose income is taxable under the Income Tax Act, 1961 are required to acquire a PAN Card.
- You may request to the concerned authorities for issuance of a Duplicate PAN Card in case of loss, damage, etc.
Application for Duplicate Pan Card
Steps to Online application for a Duplicate PAN Card:
- The first step you need to do is to visit the official website Tax Information Network of Income Tax Department.
- Thereafter, click on “apply online” which gives several instances for applying for a PAN Card.
- Then navigate to “Reprint of PAN Card” which gives the following details:
- Reading the guidelines
- Reading the instructions
- Required Documents
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Designated centers accepting online PAN documents
- You shall then visit each of the abovesaid sections and fill the form accordingly.
- Thereafter, select the “apply” tab and select “application type” as provided in the options therein followed by selecting the category.
- You shall then provide details such as your name, address, date of birth, email, contact number, etc.
- Thereafter, you will receive a token number on your registered mail address.
- You have to submit, after filling the form, several documents such as aadhar number, details of parents, date of birth, photos, etc. along with the proof of existing card.
Payment for Application of Duplicate PAN Card
- You are required to make payment through demand draft, debit/ credit card after completing the form.
- If the communication address is within India, the fee for processing PAN application is INR 110 (INR 93 + 18% Goods and Service Tax).
- In case the communication address is outside India, the processing fee is INR 1020 (Application Fee INR 93 + Dispatch Charges INR 771 + 18% Goods and Service Tax).
- You will receive an acknowledgment after all the formalities relating to the application is complete.
- After the verification is complete, your PAN Card shall arrive in 2 weeks.
Surrender of Duplicate PAN Card
- Where a person who has re-applied for a PAN card does not receive it, he shall apply again
- Thereafter, when after such re-application, he now retains 2 PAN cards, he shall surrender one of them.
- If the details mentioned on both the cards are different, he shall submit the duplicate and retain the other.
Procedure to surrender Duplicate PAN Card online
To surrender the duplicate PAN card, you shall visit the website “incometax.intelnetglobal.com” and fill the following details:
- Name of the visitor
- Name of the PAN holder
- PAN Card that you will retain
- Details of Duplicate PAN that you will surrender
You will receive an acknowledgment in the form of a 15 digit number after the form is complete.
Procedure to surrender Duplicate PAN Card offline
- If you have more than 1 PAN card bearing different details on the same, you shall immediately surrender your duplicate PAN card.
- You shall do so at the nearest National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL).
- Then, you shall write a letter to the authority stating the details of the PAN Card you wish to surrender and request them to cancel the same.
- Thereafter, the AO may require an affidavit stating that you do not have any other PAN card other than the one you retain and the one that you wish to surrender.
- You shall also file a copy of the card that you wish to surrender along with the application to surrender.