- Who all are eligible to download an electronic pan card?
- Details mentioned on the e-PAN card
- New PAN card applicants
- Steps to download electronic PAN card
- Download electronic PAN card using acknowledgment number
- Download electronic PAN card using your PAN and date of birth
- Download electronic PAN card using the UTITSL portal
- Downloading instant e-PAN for free
- How to track the status of the PAN card application?
- Tracking the NSDL PAN Card application status
- Tracking the UTI PAN Card application status
- Frequently Asked Questions
Download electronic PAN card is a task that might need some assistance. Which is why we’re here for you. PAN, an acronym for Permanent Account Number consist of 10 distinctive characters is basically issued by the Income Tax Department under the core charge of the Central Board of Direct Taxes which is considered one of the most important documents in terms of fiscal transactions.
In April 2017, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) have introduced the concept of e-PAN (electronic PAN) according to which a soft copy of PAN card is sent to all the applicants at their registered e-mail Id’s while applying for a new PAN card and the applicants can download the same.
This facility has provided great relief to all the applicants as it will help them to save their time. Furthermore, any Pan cardholder who’s PAN card has been lost or damaged can also simply download an e-PAN card in a pdf format.
Every e-PAN is fixed with an enhanced QR code, just as in the case of a physical PAN card. Scanning the QR code will redirect you to personal information that includes the demographic as well as biometric information of the cardholders. If one uses the PAN QR code reader app, the QR code can be used for PAN verification purposes in offline mode as well.
Who all are eligible to download an electronic pan card?
The applicant must be:
- An Indian resident.
- An individual taxpayer.
- Should not already hold a PAN.
- Must have Aadhar card.
- Must have an active mobile number linked with your Aadhar.
- The Aadhar must have updated and correct details.
Details mentioned on the e-PAN card
- Permanent Account Number
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- QR Code
New PAN card applicants
- In case you’re applying for a PAN card now, you will get an e-PAN card automatically in your registered email ID. This facility doesn’t cost you a rupee and all you have to do is to pay the fee for the physical PAN card i.e. Rs.107.
- And those applicants who have applied for PAN in the last 30 days could also get it free from the official site.
Steps to download electronic PAN card
Download electronic PAN card using acknowledgment number
- First of all, visit NSDL official site
- Then, enter the acknowledgment number and click on Generate OTP
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘validate’
- Your PAN card is ready to download in pdf form.
Download electronic PAN card using your PAN and date of birth
- Visit the NSDL site.
- Enter important details like date of birth, PAN, and Captcha code
- Finally, submit the form and download your e-PAN
Download electronic PAN card using the UTITSL portal
- Log on to the official web-portal of NSDL OR UTIITSL.
- In the next step, fill in all the details in the application form such as:
- Name, surname, and middle name
- Date of Birth
- E-mail Id
- Mobile no
- Address for future communication
- Source of your Income
- Area Code
- Range code, etc.
- Then click on the “submit button”.
- Select the e-KYC (paperless) category for the online submission of documents.
- Furthermore, upload all the mandatory documents and then click on the “submit button”.
- Now, make the payment.
- After the completion of all the requirements, submit the application form.
- Once the application is submitted by the applicant, an acknowledgment number will be generated.
- Save the acknowledgment number for future reference.
- Moreover, your e-PAN will be sent at the registered e-mail Id.
- Likewise, the applicants can download the soft copy of the PAN card from their respective mail IDs.
Furthermore, the applicant must ensure that the email id provided by them is real to avoid any kind of problems in the future.
Downloading instant e-PAN for free
This facility is available to those who are new applicants to the PAN card or those who have applied for the same in not more than 30 days. For this:
- First of all, you need to visit the Income Tax Department e-filing portal.
- Then you need to click the “Apply instant e-PAN”
- After this, you need to fill in all the required details.
- This will generate an OTP, which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- This will generate an acknowledgment number which will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Once the e-PAN is allotted, you will get notified about the same.
- Finally, you can download the e-PAN by just visiting the e-filing portal.
How to track the status of the PAN card application?
The applicant can track the status of his or application via two online web portals namely:
- NSDL and
Tracking the NSDL PAN Card application status
Tracking the status of PAN application via online mode is one the best and fastest way of tracking the PAN status. For this one needs to follow the following steps:
- Log on to the official website of NSDL (https://www.tin-nsdl.com/).
- On the homepage click on the option “know the status of your application”
- On the next page select the type of application.
- Enter a 15-digit acknowledgment number.
- Provide name and Date of birth.
- Lastly, enter the captcha code.
- Furthermore, apply.
With the submission of the application, the applicant can check the status of his or her application.
Tracking the UTI PAN Card application status
Here are the steps for tracking the status of the PAN application
- Visit the official website of UTIITSL.
- Click on the “Track PAN Card application status” option.
- On the next page enter the Application Coupon number or PAN number.
- Enter the captcha text.
- Then click on the “submit button”.
Furthermore, the applicant can check the status of the PAN application.
There are certain cases when downloading an electronic PAN card becomes a necessity. Just as in case your PAN card is lost, it becomes important to carry apply for an electronic PAN card. Or if one misplaces it somewhere. A damaged PAN card is also useless. So, you should definitely consider applying for an electronic PAN card. Also, any wrong information would make your current PAN card immediately useless. So, we highly recommed taking the benefit of this feature as soon as possible.