PAN is the acronym for Permanent Account Number. It consists of the unique 10-digit alphanumeric number which is allotted by the Income Tax Department under the administration of the Central Board of Direct Taxes to everyone who applies for a PAN Card. It also serves as an Identity Proof. PAN once issued by the department remains valid for the lifetime of the PAN Cardholder. It is one of the most important documents in the current fiscal scenario. In several monetary transactions such as getting the taxable salary or professional fees, buying and selling of assets over and above the specified limits, an opening of bank account, etc. the PAN Card is a must.
The PAN was issued with the core motive of preventing the evasion of taxes by Individuals and Business Entities as it links all their financial transactions to the Bank Accounts maintained by them.
PAN Card Details
There are different ways by which the PAN Cardholder can get the PAN Card details:-
- PAN Number
- Name and Date of Birth
Decoding the PAN Card details by PAN Number
One can easily find out his or her PAN card details with the help of PAN Number by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Log onto the Search PAN website
- Enter your PAN Card number
- Enter the Captcha code that appears
- Click on the search now
- Your details will be generated. You will receive the name, area code, jurisdiction, address, and other information.
Decoding the PAN Card details by Name and Date of Birth
In case if you have lost your PAN Card then there is no need to worry. You still can find out the details of your PAN Card and Jurisdiction on the Income Tax Department e-Filing website.
To get the PAN Card details to follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department
- Click on “Know Your PAN”
- Enter the following details:
- Date of Birth, or
- Date of Incorporation
- Surname, middle name, and first name.
- Enter the Captcha Code as appeared on the screen.
- After the completion of the above procedure click on the “submit button”.
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the screen, and
- Click on “Validate”.
- Enter your Father’s Name and Surname.
The moment you will click on submit, you will get the following details:
- PAN Card number
- First Name
- Middle Name
Remarks stating with the card is active, inactive, or in any other status.