- What is NOC for Car?
- Importance of Getting NOC for Car:
- How to Apply for a NOC for Car Online?
- Bank NOC for Car:
- RTO NOC for Car
- Validity of NOC for Car
- Documents Required to Get NOC for a Car:
- NOC Cost for Car:
- Things to Consider While Obtaining No Objection Certificate for Car:
- How to Get NOC for Car Transfer from One State to Another State?
- How to Apply for the NOC from the RTO? Step-by-Step Guidelines
- How to Check the NOC Status for Car Online?
The NOC, or No Objection Certificate, is issued by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) or a bank for your car, declaring that they have no objections to the information contained in the certificate. The government has made it easier for car owners to apply for RTO NOCs online, while numerous banks have simplified the Bank NOC application procedure. Applying for a NOC from your bank or the RTO online is a straightforward process. Continue reading to learn how to apply for your car’s No Objection Certificate online. In this article, we are going to learn about NOC for cars.
What is NOC for Car?
A NOC is a legal document that declares that the issuing party has no objections to the information contained in the document. The NOC is linked to the bank or the RTO in the case of motor vehicles. If you have returned the auto loan, you can obtain the certificate from the RTO, which will eliminate the bank’s hypothecation of the vehicle. When it comes to the RTO NOC, you should approach the appropriate RTO to have the certificate issued so that you can register the vehicle with a separate RTO. In both cases, you’ll need a NOC to move on with the process.
Importance of Getting NOC for Car:
The NOC is a mandatory document that must be presented to the RTO if you wish to sell your car or if you change your address within or outside of the state. The NOC certifies that you owe no obligations to the agencies and that you have paid all relevant fees and penalties or, in the event of a bank loan, repaid the loan. The following are some of the reasons why you should get a NOC for your car:
- To sell your vehicle.
- To get rid of the bank’s hypothecation on your car.
- To follow the Motor Vehicles Act, as the NOC is required when transferring a vehicle to another state or obtaining a new registration mark.
How to Apply for a NOC for Car Online?
There are two situations. The first is to get a letter of authorization from your bank, and the second is to get a letter of authorization from the appropriate RTO. In all cases, the steps to apply for a NOC for an automobile online are listed below:
Bank NOC for Car:
- Step 1: Go to the bank’s website.
- Step 2: Log in to your auto loan account and download the NOC.
Note that if you don’t have the option to download the NOC online, you’ll have to go to the bank to get it after you’ve paid off the loan.
RTO NOC for Car
The online way of obtaining a NOC for your car from the RTO is not available; however, you can submit an application form online and visit the RTO to complete the procedure. The methods to apply for a NOC online to register a vehicle within or outside of the state are outlined below:
- Step 1: Visit the Vahan Citizen Services website.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Log on to Avail Services’ after selecting the state and RTO.
- Step 3: Select ‘Application for No Objection Certificate’ from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Type in your vehicle’s registration number as well as the last five digits of its chassis number.
- Step 5: Select ‘Validate Registration Number/Chassis Number’ from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6: To generate the OTP, enter your phone number and select ‘Show Detail.’
- Step 7: A form for the application will be generated. Check the owner’s information on the application form.
- Step 8: If your auto insurance information isn’t up to current, amend it in the application form.
- Step 9: Click Save after entering the new RTO’s state code.
- Step 10: Pay the application fees and print the fee receipt out.
- Step 11: Take the fees receipt and supporting documentation to the appropriate RTO to complete the process.
Validity of NOC for Car
Below is the validity of the NOC issued by the bank and RTO:
|Bank||90 Days (Subject to the bank’s terms and conditions)|
Documents Required to Get NOC for a Car:
|Application (Form 28)||Copy of the Registration Certificate of the car|
|Certified copy of the Registration Certificate||Additional documents as required by the bank|
|Certified copy of the insurance policy|
|Proof of up-to-date paid road tax receipt|
|Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC)|
|Pencil print of the chassis and engine number|
|Signature identification of the owner|
NOC Cost for Car:
The cost to obtain the NOC for your car from the bank and the RTO are as follows:
|RTO||Depending on the respective State|
|Bank||Depends on the respective banks|
Things to Consider While Obtaining No Objection Certificate for Car:
Before asking for a NOC for your car with your bank or the RTO, keep the following items in mind for a smooth process:
- Make sure your car’s registration certificate and car insurance policy copy is attested.
- Make sure your road tax is paid in full.
- Enter the correct information when creating a new RTO.
- Make sure you include all supporting documentation with your application.
- Keep a copy of the fee receipt from the Vahan Citizen Services online NOC application.
How to Get NOC for Car Transfer from One State to Another State?
If you follow the required criteria, moving your car’s registration from one RTO to another in another state does not have to be difficult. If you took out a loan to acquire your car, you’ll need the NOC from your bank as well as the NOC from the RTO. To apply for a NOC from the RTO online, follow the steps outlined above.
How to Apply for the NOC from the RTO? Step-by-Step Guidelines
After completing the online application for the NOC with Vahan Citizen Services, you must visit the respective RTO with the fee receipt to complete the procedure. To apply for a NOC from the RTO for your car, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: On the scheduled appointment day, bring the hard copy of the fee receipt (acknowledgment) from the online application for the NOC to the particular RTO.
- Step 2: Make sure you have all of the necessary documentation.
- Step 3: The RTO may request validation from the local police station to see whether your vehicle has been involved in any criminal offenses.
- Step 4: Once you’ve finished the process, the RTO will award your car with a NOC.
How to Check the NOC Status for Car Online?
After completing the RTO’s application process for a No Objection Certificate for your vehicle, you may have to wait for the RTO to issue the NOC. To find out the status of your NOC, follow the procedures below:
- Step 1: Go to the official Vahan Citizen Services website.
- Step 2: Select ‘Know Your Application Status’ from the ‘Status’ drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Step 3: On the new screen, input the application number and click ‘Submit’ to find out how the NOC application is progressing
A No Objection Certificate for your car is a crucial legal document, especially if you bought it with a loan and/or if you moved to a new state or within the same state. While it is not necessary to change the RTO if you are relocating inside the state, you must update your registration information if you are relocating to another state.
The new RTO will not register the vehicle within their jurisdiction until the NOC is provided. You’ll also need the bank’s NOC if you’re selling your car. Without the NOC from the bank that issued the auto loan for your car, the RTO will not remove the hypothecation. As a result, the NOC is a crucial and legally binding document that you must get.