- About Care Health Insurance (Formerly Known as Religare Health Insurance)
- Rewards received by the Company –
- Why should I buy Care Health Insurance?
- Types of Health Plans offered at care Health
- What are care health plan exclusions?
- How to buy care Health Insurance?
- How can I renew my care health insurance online?
- What is the claim process of care health insurance?
- Case 1: Cashless Claim Procedures
- Case 2: Reimbursement Claim Procedures
About Care Health Insurance (Formerly Known as Religare Health Insurance)
Care Health Insurance Company was founded in 2012 and is based in Gurgaon, Haryana. Previously known as Religare Health Insurance, Care Health Insurance is a joint venture between Religare Enterprise Private Ltd., Union Bank of India, and Corporation Bank. The organization offers a range of health care plans including maternity insurance coverage, senior citizen insurance coverage, diabetes and hypertension coverage, cancer/critical illness insurance, top-up health insurance plans, individual plans, individual and family floater insurance policies.
Rewards received by the Company –
- Best Health Insurance Company at the ABP News-BFSI Awards 2015
- Best Health Insurance Company at the Emerging Asia Insurance Awards, 2019
- Best Claims Service Provider of the year – Insurance India Summit & Awards 2018
- Editor’s Choice Award for Best Product Innovation at Finnoviti in 2013
- Best Medical/Health Insurance Product Award at the FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards in 2015, 2018, and 2019.
Why should I buy Care Health Insurance?
Purchasing health insurance for you and your family not only helps you recoup medical expenses incurred during hospitalization, but it also gives you peace of mind knowing that you have a financial safety net.
However, because there are over 20 health insurance providers available in the market, picking the best one may be tough and stressful.
- Network Hospitals
At the time of a medical emergency, having health Insurance with a cashless option may be a blessing in disguise. In more than 15,500 hospitals across India, you will be able to use cashless services at care.
- Market Share
Over the past several years, Health Care Insurance has experienced significant expansion. The firm’s market share was 2151.25 billion in 2019-2020, which indicates good growth in its business volume.
- Solvency Ratio
The solvency ratio of an insurance firm reveals the company’s capacity to meet long-term financial objectives. As a result, it becomes one of the most significant criteria when selecting a good health insurance plan.
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) requires insurance companies to maintain a solvency ratio of 1.5 at present.
- Claim Support
During medical catastrophes, the claim support ratio aids you in determining how quickly your insurance company pays claims of policyholders.
As a result, you should make sure that the company provides good claim support so that you don’t have to when it comes time to use it.
- Pan India Presence
A pan-India presence is available through Health Care Insurance. The business has branches in all corners of the country. To discover your nearest branch, go to the company’s official website.
- Care Health Insurance Mobile App
The firm has released a Care Health Insurance Mobile App, which is your one-stop-shop for all policy concerns. The software is accessible in the Google Play store and the Apple app store.
Types of Health Plans offered at care Health
To meet the health demands of everyone from various walks of life, Care Health has selected ten different health plans based on each person’s unique requirements and demands. From basic health insurance to senior citizens Plans, from top-up insurance to maternity cover, there are a variety of options for you to choose from.
Here’s a rundown of all ten Care Health plans available to help you make your decision.
|Care Health Plans||Type of Plan||Who Should Buy|
|Care Health Insurance Plan||Comprehensive Health Plan||The strategy is ideal for individuals who wish to secure themselves and their families under a single insurance coverage plan.|
|Care Freedom: An Ideal Plan for Diabetics||Health plan specifically for Diabetes||This insurance is available to anyone who has diabetes. Those that suffer from diabetes can purchase this coverage without undergoing any pre-medical health examinations.|
|Care heart Insurance Plan||Health Plan for Heart Ailments||The strategy is intended for individuals who have heart problems and have had cardiac surgery.|
|Care Joy Health Insurance Plan||Maternity Health Plan||For those couples who are preparing to start a family or who will soon become parents, the program is an excellent choice because it covers all of their maternity charges.|
|Care Enhance Health Insurance Plan||Super Top-up Plan||This extra health insurance coverage option supplements your existing insurance policy.|
|Care Senior Health Insurance Plan||Health Insurance Plan for Senior Citizens||This plan is ideal for individuals who are seeking for a health policy to protect their old-age healthcare needs.|
|Care Advantage Health Insurance||Family Health Plan||The plan is ideal for families who want to protect their loved ones and are searching for higher-premium insurance coverage.|
|Cancer Mediclaim||Cancer-Specific Policy||A person with a family history of cancer should get this policy.|
|Critical Mediclaim||Critical Illness Plan||The strategy is ideal for individuals who want to preserve their money in the event that they are diagnosed with one of the 32 specified critical illnesses.|
|Arogya Sanjeevani||Standard health Insurance||It’s a popular health insurance policy that doesn’t tax your finances.|
- Care Health Insurance Plan
Health Insurance for Everyone is a new-age comprehensive health insurance plan that protects the policyholder and family against financial hardships caused by a medical catastrophe. With numerous advantages, the plan guarantees to meet all of your healthcare demands while leaving you with plenty of money in your pocket.
Key benefits –
- The package includes several extras, such as Global Coverage, Reduced PED Waiting Period, Unlimited Continuous Recharge, and so on to meet your specific demands.
- The insurance will cover 10% of the sum insured if hospitalization is not an option.
|Entry Age||91 days upwards; no maximum entry age|
|Sum Insured||Minimum: Rs. 5lakhs
Maximum: Rs. 6 crores
- Care Freedom: An Ideal Plan for Diabetics
Patients who suffer from diabetes may benefit from our Freedom Plan. It covers the expenditures that the patient has to pay while undergoing treatment, including medical costs, health tests, and more.
Key benefits –
- The add-ons include “health Check+,” which includes a yearly health check-up that can be upgraded to either Diabetes Health Check-up or Cardiac Health Check-Up.
- The insured will get a lump-sum compensation (up to the maximum limits) if he or she is admitted to a hospital for more than 10 days and the policyholder’s period of stay is greater than ten days.
|Parameters||Plan 1||Plan 2|
|Minimum Entry Age||Individual: 18years
Floater: Eldest Insured Person: 46 years
Other Adult: 18 years
|Maximum entry Age||Adult: Lifelong
Child: 24 years
|Sum Insured||Maximum: Rs.3lakhs
- Care Heart Insurance Plan
The Life Insurance Heart Plan is tailored for people who have suffered from pre-existing cardiac problems/disorders and have had cardiac surgery. The policy may be bought on an individual or family floater basis.
- For each year without a claim, the policy will give a 10 percent boost in Sum Insured for each policy year (up to 50% of the actual sum insured).
- The insurance also covers the costs of any alternative medicine treatment, such as Ayurveda.
|Entry Age||Minimum: 18 years
Maximum: No maximum entry age
|Sum Insured||Minimum: Rs.3Lakhs
- Care Joy Health Insurance Plan
Joy Health Insurance Plan is a maternity-focused insurance plan that covers the insured during pregnancy and childbirth. The policy has two options, Joy Today and Joy tomorrow, each of which comes with distinct advantages depending on the policyholder’s needs and requirements.
Key Benefits –
- The plan covers pre-and post-hospitalization costs (up to 30 and 60 days respectively).
- For the first 90 days, the newborn baby is free under this plan.
|Plan Name||Joy Today||Joy Tomorrow|
|Entry Age||Minimum: Adult: 18 years or above, Child: 1 day|
|Sum Insured – On an annual basis||Rs.3Lakhs / Rs.5Lakhs|
- Care Enhance Health Insurance Plan
The Enhance Health Super Top-up Plan from Care Enhance Health is a supplementary safety net coverage for basic health insurance. During emergency medical circumstances, the deductible and the desired amount insured may be chosen to improve basic coverage. Care Enhance Health Super Top-up Plan offers extra security in times of need.
- Until you reach the age of 50, your policy will not be required to participate in a medical check-up (for the deductible amount and the sum insured) before obtaining coverage.
- The policy includes an Add-on Coverage of “Expert Opinion,” in which the customer is entitled to a second opinion from a medical expert.
|Entry Age||Minimum: 18years
Maximum: No limit
|Sum Insured||Minimum: Rs.1Lakh
Care Senior Health Insurance Plan
It is a comprehensive health insurance plan for seniors that protects them against medical expenses in the second innings of life, which is above 61 years old. The policy is available on both individual and floater bases, and no pre-policy med medical examination is required.
Key Benefits –
- In the case of each claim-free year, it offers a 10% boost in the SI/policy year (up to 50% of the total cost). Organ donor coverage is provided under the care plan (up to Rs.1 lakh), depending on the SI.
Maximum: No Limit
|Sum Insured||Maximum: Rs.3Lakhs
- Care Advantage Health Insurance
The maximum coverage offered by Advantage Health Insurance is Rs. 1 crore, which allows the policyholder to access extra coverage and advantages. The insurance plan ensures that your family’s medical requirements are adequately covered so that you don’t have to worry about money when tragedy strikes.
Key Benefits –
- If your policy is canceled owing to claims submitted, the coverage will be reinstated (once a year).
- To look after your specific requirements, the package includes several add-ons such as “Care Shield” and “Room Rent Modification”.
|Entry Age||Minimum – Adult: 5 years, Child: 91 days (floater policy)
Maximum – Lifelong
|Sum Insured||Minimum: Rs. 25Lakhs
- Cancer Mediclaim
Covering the Expenses of Cancer Treatment The plan covers the cost of treatment for any type of cancer, regardless of the stage or type. The policy also pays for medical costs incurred after a patient has been discharged from an in-patient hospitalization.
Key Benefits –
- Before purchasing a cancer insurance policy, there is no need for a doctor’s visit.
- If the patient or treatment is not effective, this coverage allows the policyholder to seek a second opinion from an International doctor.
|Entry Age||Minimum: 18years
|Sum Insured||Minimum: Rs.25Lakhs
- Critical Mediclaim
32 critical illnesses covered by Critical Mediclaim include cancer, end-stage renal failure, Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, paralysis, heart diseases, and others.
Key Benefits –
- The plan covers chemotherapy and radiation therapy treatments.
- To top it all off, the plan also provides policyholders with Quick Recovery Therapy and a Doctor on Call.
|Entry Age||Minimum – For Adult: 5 years
Maximum – For Adult: 50 years
|Sum Insured||Rs.10 lakhs/Rs. 25 Lakhs/Rs. 50 Lakhs/ Rs.1Crore/Rs. 2Crore|
- Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance
Arogya Sanjeevani Health Isnurance is a standard comprehensive policy with options for Ayurvedic or Allopathic treatments. The plan addresses your healthcare demands while also being inexpensive.
Key Benefits –
- The plan offers the advantages of a “No claim Bonus” by increasing your Sum Insured by 5% if you don’t make a claim for the year.
- Cataract surgery is also covered under the policy (up to 25% of the sum insured or Rs.40,000 per eye, whichever is lesser).
|Entry Age||Minimum – Individual: 5years, Floater: 3 months with at least 1 member of age 18age years or above
Maximum – Child: 24years, Adult: 65years
What are care health plan exclusions?
- Expenses resulting from self-inflicted injury as a result of suicide or attempted suicide.
- The firm does not provide coverage for sexually transmitted infections, such as AIDS.
- Expenses incurred as a result of or related to alcohol or drug consumption/misuse/abuse.
- This firm does not cover any claims resulting from war or other circumstances.
How to buy care Health Insurance?
Purchasing healthcare insurance from Care Health Insurance is now a matter of minutes. Follow the steps below to acquire your policy from the comfort of your own home:
- Visit the Care Health website to see if there are any specials. Enter your phone number, email address, and click “Get a Quote” to get a quote.
- Fill in all of the information, such as name, phone number, age, gender, etc.
- After that, you’ll be shown the most appropriate plan and premium cost based on your needs.
- Pay the premium online and you will receive a soft copy in your registered email address until the end of the course.
How can I renew my care health insurance online?
The care health online renewal procedure is a simple three-step process. Follow the steps below to have an easy renewal procedure –
- Visit the care Health website and select ‘renewal’ from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, type in your existing information, such as policy number and birth date, then click “Renew”.
- The final stage is to pay an in-line payment and renew your policy.
What is the claim process of care health insurance?
To settle claims, Health Care Insurance follows a very open and systematic approach. Here is the procedure to follow-
Case 1: Cashless Claim Procedures
- Inform the insurance company of your hospitalization 48 hours ahead of time in the event of an emergency or planned hospitalization.
- The applicant of the policy must submit and fill out a pre-authorization request to the hospital’s insurance/TPA desk.
- The hospital will send the necessary papers to the company verification service.
- The claim management team will send an approval letter to the hospital once they’ve reviewed all of your paperwork.
- The insured member will be treated using cashless therapy.
Note: If the cashless claim is denied, the insured member may begin treatment and seek for a reimbursement claim after discharge.
Case 2: Reimbursement Claim Procedures
- If you’re in an accident or planning to go to the hospital, notify your insurance company as soon as possible, ideally within 24 or 48 hours of being admitted.
- To be eligible for coverage, you must submit a completed reimbursement claim form and any required supporting documentation to the insurance company:
- Claim form that has been correctly completed and signed, on the original paper
- You must have photo identification.
- Hospitalization referral letter from claims practitioner, confirming the hospitalization
- Prescription advise from a physician for medicines/diagnostic test/consultation
- From the hospital/medical practitioner: bills, receipts, and discharge card
- Pharmacy/chemist bills are often provided.
- Pathological/diagnostic tests reports/radiology reports, and payment receipts
- Indoor case paper
- The initial police report, final police document, and, if applicable, a preliminary information statement
- Post mortem report, if conducted
- Other paperwork as directed by the firm to assess the claim
- The documents will be checked and evaluated by the firm.
- If your claim is approved, the firm will transfer cash to your registered bank account.