- What Is Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY)?
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Coverage:
- What is Not Covered?
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana has the following features:
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Benefits:
- Eligibility Criteria:
- How to Apply For The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana?
- The following documents are required to apply for the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana:
- How to get an application form for the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana?
- Premiums for the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana:
- How to Apply For The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana?
- Death Claim Procedure:
India is the world’s second-most populous country. It employs people from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds. India is also classified as a developing nation. As a result, a substantial number of people fall into the low-income category. The Indian government has introduced numerous initiatives for individuals to assist combat the serious issue of poverty. The Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) is one such scheme that was intended to provide financial assistance in times of need. “Common Man’s Insurance Scheme” is the literal translation of the scheme’s name. It is designed for those who keep the country’s economic wheel turning.
What Is Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY)?
On October 2, 2007, the Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) was launched. It is an Indian social security scheme that is aimed at low-income families. Fishermen, car drivers, cobblers, and others who are not normally on a payroll profit from this arrangement. Due to their poor income, individuals may not consider putting money aside to prepare for a major event such as death or incapacity. The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) provides people with financial assistance to help them deal with such unpleasant circumstances.
Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Coverage:
When a sad event such as death or disability occurs, the Aam Aadmi Yojana provides coverage to all qualified members. This insurance plan’s coverage is as follows:
- Death due to natural causes: At the time of claim, a death certificate for the deceased will be sought.
- Death as a result of an accident: When filing a claim, a medical certificate indicating the cause of death as an accident will be necessary.
- At the time of claim, a medical certificate issued by a government medical practitioner detailing the nature of the disability will be requested.
What is Not Covered?
The government hopes to provide financial assistance to those who are in need due to unforeseen occurrences like as death or disability through this insurance plan. As a result, there are some situations that the plan does not cover. The following is a list of AABY’s exclusions:
- The price of a hospital stay
- Mental illness can result in death or incapacity.
- As a result of the country’s war-like condition, people have died or become disabled.
- Participating in dangerous and exciting sports
Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana has the following features:
People from low-income households can benefit from the Aam Admi Bima Yojana, which provides social security. In light of this, the strategy includes the following features:
1. Affordability: The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana has a very cheap premium. This makes the plan more inexpensive, and it eliminates the need to plan ahead of time to pay the premiums. Furthermore, the government covers half of the premium cost.
2. Insurance that is technologically advanced: Technology has aided the government in providing better services to the general people. One such example is AABY. All members’ data is digitized and tracked using a web-based system that enables for speedy information transmission when needed. This comes in handy when it comes to settling a dispute.
3. Prompt Assistance: Members’ questions can be quickly answered by contacting the local Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) branch. A person can also reach out to a contact person by phone or email.
Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Benefits:
The AABY offers a variety of benefits to its members. Here’s a full list:
1. Death from Natural Causes Coverage: The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana is open to anyone aged 18 to 59. If a plan member dies as a result of natural causes, LIC will pay a death claim of Rs.30,000.
2. Handicap Coverage: Any form of disability incurred by a family member comes as a great shock to the rest of the family. If the person with the impairment was the family’s sole breadwinner, the shock is amplified. The family can benefit from AABY’s assistance in terms of finances. The amount of a disability claim under this plan is Rs. 3,7500 for permanent partial disability and Rs. 75000 for permanent whole disability due to an accident.
3. Accidental Death Coverage: Accidents are unpredictable and can have serious effects. As a result, the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana covers accidental death. The plan’s nominee receives payment of Rs. 75000/- under this coverage.
The Aam Admi Bima Yojana is not open to all Indian citizens. To enroll in the program, an applicant must meet specific qualifying requirements. For your convenience, I’ve compiled a list:
1. Aam Admi Bima Yojana accepts applicants between the ages of 18 and 59
- The candidate must come from a household that lives below the poverty line (BPL).
- Families with incomes just above the poverty level who belong to one of the scheme’s vocational groups.
3. A person who comes from a landless rural family.
4. Members of the family who will be covered: One member of the family will be eligible for coverage. He or she should be the family’s breadwinner.
How to Apply For The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana?
Enrolling in the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana is not the same as purchasing a normal insurance plan. Because this is a national program, the applicant must go to the designated Nodal agency to complete the enrollment procedure. Any institutional arrangement appointed by the national or state governments, or the Union Territory of India, can be referred to as a Nodal agency. There is also a designated non-governmental organization.
When applying for this plan, you must include the nominee’s name. This is critical for submitting claims. If the nominee of the policy is not clearly stated, the family member may not be eligible for the plan’s benefits.
The following documents are required to apply for the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana:
The Nodal agency can provide you with a detailed list of documents that are required for enrolment. Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Form of application
- Proof of your identity
- Proof of Address
- Application for Nominees
- Certificate of Income
How to get an application form for the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana?
The AABY is an Indian government-sponsored social security program. Because India is a secular country with many states and people speaking many languages, the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Form PDF or application instructions will be provided on each state government’s official website.
You must go to the website of the state government and look for information on how to apply for the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana. If you live in Maharashtra, for example, you can learn more about the plan on the Maharashtra Government Website.
Premiums for the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana:
The Aam Admi Bima Yojana was intended to help people who are below the poverty line in India, as well as those who are just slightly over it. In light of this, the premium is reasonably priced in terms of annual payments. To take use of the scheme’s benefits, an eligible person just needs to pay a 50% annual premium.
This Yojana’s actual premium is 320 rupees. The money, however, is split between the insured and the Indian government. Depending on the region, it could be the central government, the state government, or the Nodal agency.
How to Apply For The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana?
In comparison to any other health insurance plan, the claim process for this scheme is simple. It provides financial assistance in the event of the policyholder’s death or disability. There are four scenarios in which a claim against the policy may be made. The following are the steps in the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana claim process:
Death Claim Procedure:
In the event of death, the nominee will need to file a claim using a Death Certificate. At the time of a beneficiary’s death, the AABY insurance should be operational. The claim should be submitted to the Nodal Agency official who has been assigned. He or she will be in charge of the verification procedure. He or she would verify that the deceased person was an earning member of a Below Poverty Line (BPL)/Marginally Above BPL family during the process. The person’s occupation will also be investigated.
To file a death claim, you’ll need the following documents:
- Death Claim Form for Aam Admi Bima Yojana
- Death certificate (original and copies)
- Accidental Death Claim Procedure: The accidental death claim procedure is comparable to the natural death claim procedure. However, in addition to the claim form and death certificate, the following papers will be required:
- Copy of the FIR
- Conclusion Report of the Police/Final Report of the Police
- Report of the Police Inquiry
- Report on the Aftermath
- Handicap Claim Procedure: If a person has a total or partial disability, they can file a claim under the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana. The application process is straightforward, and the individual does not have to become a financial burden on other family members. In order to file a disability claim, you must also provide supporting documentation that will help you substantiate your condition. The following documents can be used as evidence:
The following is a list of the accident’s documentary evidence: FIR filed by the police, as well as video or photographic evidence of the collision.
- Medical certificate: It must be provided by a Government Civil Surgeon or a certified Government Orthopaedician and must specify the circumstances of the accident, including the type of disability and limb loss of the member covered by the scheme.
- Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Here’s how the scholarship application process works:
The beneficiary must fill out the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Scholarship Online Application Form half-yearly and submit it to the designated Nodal Agency. The Nodal Agency will choose the qualified students. For one child, this free scholarship add-on pays Rs.100/- every month. The student list will subsequently be transmitted to the appropriate P&GS unit.
There will be information about the people, including:
- The student’s name
- The school’s name
- The class in which the student is enrolled.
- Number of the AABY master policy
- The policyholder’s name
- NEFT account information
- Number of members
The Aam Admi Bima Yojana Scholarship monetary benefit will be processed by NEFT to the student’s account on July 1st and January 1st of each year. In the event that such an account does not exist, other payment options will be considered. It should be noted that the scholarship is only offered to a maximum of two children from an eligible family who are in ninth or twelfth grade.