Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd. is one of the most popular health insurance providers. They have an effective distribution network of servicing and a variety of health insurance products. It is comprised of three interrelated organizations as its shareholders which are Religare Enterprise Limited, Corporation Bank, and Union Bank of India. It has a strong presence and over a million satisfied customers and more than 1700 offices throughout India.
Nowadays, Health insurance has become a necessity for all. It gives financial security to the person when they need the most at the time of a medical emergency. also, the present lifestyle of human beings makes them more vulnerable to illness. the medical cost and treatments are really very expensive that a common man cannot effort.
so, it is recommended to take insurance for yourself and your family against any medical emergency that may arise. so that the insurer can take care of the insured person economically.
Religare health insurance plans
- Care:-it is a comprehensive health insurance plan. Value for money hospitalization insurance covering basic hospital expenses and medical costs with additional benefits. Additional benefits can be an automatic recharge of SI, annual health checkup, organ donor, etc.
- Enhance: -it is top up insurance for already assured. value for money health insurance with benefits like annual health checkups, expert opinion to fund extreme health expenses for those who are not worried about basic health expenses.
- Joy:– maternity and newborn focused cover with health insurance with 9 months waiting period for maternity-related expenses in line with nature’s law, specially designed for those who are planning their families.
- Assure: -it is critical illness insurance. Life is about surprises and certain illnesses can create huge financial pressure on you. It assures you fixed lumpsum payment on zero-day survival and annual health checkup.
- Secure:-it is personal accident insurance. some sudden happenings can be a nightmare, so they give comprehensive personal accident and disability cover with additional benefits like fractures, major diagnosis test, etc.
Benefits and features for the Religare health insurance
They have offered different plans and policies having a variety of benefits. The plan is designed, especially to fulfill the requirements of their customers. The following are the main advantages of Religare health insurance:-
- Healthcare legacy:-it is backed by India’s leading healthcare units i.e. fortis healthcare ltd., Religare wellness, and SRL diagnosis. This rich healthcare experience makes it a good choice for you
- Ultra-wide hospital network: 5420+ Vast & growing hospital network for cashless claims. also, an option to choose treatment at home or leading hospitals and clinics across India
- Easy communication:- there is no involvement of the additional overhead or third party. There is direct communication in which you can come up with your requirements to the company and get adequate resolutions right way.
- Most suitable products:-the products offered by the Religare health insurance are convenient. Insured can have treatment globally. also, regular checkups are ensured for good health.
Policies terms and conditions
minimum entry age is 91 days and there is no maximum age bar
lifelong renewability. The premium is payable on renewal and the subsequent continuation of cover arc subject to change with prior approval from IRDA.
no co-payment policy if the age of the eldest member is below 61 years at the time of the first policy. 20% co-payment if the age of the eldest member insured is 61 years or above 61 years at the time of the first policy.
30 days for any illness except injury.4 years of continuous coverage for pre-existing illness.
Change in the sum assured
you can enhance your sum insured under the policy only upon renewal.
30 days from the expiry date to renew the plan
Exclusions(for the standard policy)
- Any occurrence of the event or undergoing surgery or diagnosis of disease, whose signs and symptoms occur within the 30 days of policy period start date.
- Expenses arising due to the use/misuse/abuse of alcohol or drug
- Expenses due to attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury resulting from suicide.
- The medical cost incurred in the treatment of AIDS
- Congenital disease etc.
For more details refer: detailed exclusion list