- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Features & Benefits:
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana coverage:
- What Does the PMSBY Yojana Not Include?
- What are the PMSBY Scheme Eligibility Criteria?
- Required Documents:
- PMSBY Claim Procedure:
- How to Enroll in the PMSBY Scheme and Register:
- How to Check the Status of an Application for the PMSBY Scheme:
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) vs Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY ):
The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) is a government-sponsored accident insurance program. The PM Rs. 12 Insurance Scheme is another name for it. The social security system is geared toward low-income individuals. This is because, unlike many other commercially available health insurance policies, this plan does not impose a higher premium.
The policy provides protection from death, total disability, and partial disability. The policy’s insurance premium of Rs 12 will be deducted from the policyholder’s registered bank account.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Features & Benefits:
The PMSBY allows low-income persons to insure themselves against unforeseen catastrophes that could result in death or disability.
|Features of PMSBY||Benefits of PMSBY|
|A low-priced policy can be purchased for Rs. 12.||When compared to other policies, accident insurance provides coverage at a low cost.|
|Money is given to the nominee in case of death.||The family’s well-being in the event of death, as the claim amount is available to the nominee.|
|Auto-debit of premium from the bank account.||Due to the auto-debit function, there are no worries about monthly payment formalities.|
|Option to choose a long-term policy or yearly renewability.||Continuous cover processing is simple.|
|Measures for easy exit and re-entry.||The freedom to continue or stop as desired.|
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana coverage:
|An accident that results in the death of the policyholder||2 lakhs (provided to nominee)|
|Total and permanent impairment||2 lakhs|
|Partially disabled for life||1 lakhs|
What Does the PMSBY Yojana Not Include?
The PMSBY is an accident and disability insurance policy, as indicated in the preceding section. It pays out if the policyholder dies or becomes disabled. There are some limitations, however, based on the reason of death and the type of the condition. Suicide death isn’t covered by insurance. Unless otherwise noted, non-permanent disabilities (partially disabled without irrecoverable loss) are not covered.
What are the PMSBY Scheme Eligibility Criteria?
To make use of the PMSBY’s benefits, you must meet certain prerequisites. The following is a list of such requirements.
- To participate in the plan, you must be at least 18 years old.
- The PMSBY system has a maximum age limit of 70 years.
- All prospective policyholders must have an active savings account
- The applicant’s savings account should be linked to his or her Aadhaar card.
- A copy of the Aadhaar card should be supplied with the application if the Aadhaar information are not connected to the bank account mentioned.
- Payment of the Rs. 12 premium
A list of documents that must be submitted as part of the PMSBY is provided below.
Form – Submit the duly completed PMSBY application form, which includes information such as the nominee’s name, contact information, Aadhaar number, and other pertinent information. Apart from English and Hindi, this form is available in a variety of regional languages. The form, for example, is accessible in Marathi, Tamil, Oriya, and other languages.
Aadhar Card – If the applicant’s Aadhaar card data are not connected to the mentioned savings bank account, a copy of the Aadhaar card must be submitted. The same must be submitted along with the application form.
The premium for the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) is Rs. 12 per year. It will be deducted automatically from the policyholder’s registered bank account. There’s a chance the premium will be adjusted based on the annual claims experience.
PMSBY Claim Procedure:
In the event of a partial or whole disability, you may file a claim with the PMSBY. Your nominee can file a claim in the event of your death. If there is no nominee, the claim amount will be distributed to the deceased policyholder’s lawful heir. Here’s how to file a claim.
- Step 1: To file a claim, the policyholder/nominee should contact the bank or insurance firm where the policy was purchased.
- Step 2 – Obtain and complete a claim form. Name, address, contact information, hospital information, and so on will be included. The claim form for the PMSBY can be downloaded for free from the Jansuraksha website. The application is accessible in a variety of languages, including Punjabi, Telegu etc.
- Step 3 – If the claim is brought by the nominee, submit the completed form along with the necessary supporting papers, such as a disability certificate or death certificate.
- Step 4 – The details will be confirmed by the insurance company.
- Step 5 – If the documents are correct, the claim amount will be transferred to the designated bank account and the claim will be resolved.
How to Enroll in the PMSBY Scheme and Register:
By approaching a linked bank or insurance firm, you can enroll in the PMSBY. On the government’s Jansuraksha website, you can also download the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) form. It’s available in a variety of languages.
The registration process can be started by sending a message to the onboarding organization’s toll-free number or by using the corresponding internet banking facility.
Here’s how to use the SMS feature to activate the policy.
- Step 1 -Receiving an activation SMS is the first step.
- Step 2 – Reply ‘PMSBY Y’ to the activation SMS.
- Step 3 – You will receive a message recognizing the receipt of your message.
- Step 4 – The bank will handle the processing information from the savings account’s backend.
Here’s how to use the internet banking service to activate the policy (PMSBY Online Apply).
- Step 1: Go to your internet banking account and log in
- Step 2: Select Insurance.
- Step 3 – Determine which account will be utilized to pay the premium.
- Step 4: Double-check and validate the information.
- Step 5 – Download the receipt and note the stated reference number.
How to Renew PMSBY: To renew PMSBY, turn on the auto-debit feature. The premium will be deducted automatically from your bank account, and the insurance will be renewed in this manner. The program is renewable on an annual basis. The insurance is valid from June 1 to May 31. As a result, before the end of May, the policy should be renewed. You must file a cancellation request to the respective bank if you do not wish to renew.
How to Check the Status of an Application for the PMSBY Scheme:
Follow these procedures to see if PMSBY’s account is active.
- Step 1: Go to the website of your bank.
- Step 2: Use internet banking to log in.
- Step 3: Go to the PMSBY part that applies to you.
- Step 4: Type in the account number.
- Step 5: Put your PMSBY application number in.
- Step 6: Click the Submit button.
- Step 7: Verify the status.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) vs Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY ):
The Indian government proposed three social security schemes in 2015 for the benefit of the country’s impoverished and underprivileged population. PMSBY and PMJJBY are two of the three plans, with Atal Pension Yojana being the third. These programs are aimed at bringing people into the financial system. The two insurance systems are designed to provide financial security to the most vulnerable members of society.
|What services does it provide?||Accident insurance||Life insurance|
|Who is able to apply?||People between the ages of 18 and 70. They should have a bank account that allows for automatic withdrawals||People between the ages of 18 and 50. They should have a bank account that allows for automatic withdrawals.|
|What is the cost of the premium||12 rupees for a year||A year’s subscription costs Rs. 330.|
|What is the extent of the coverage?
|For death and permanent total disability, the coverage is Rs. 2 lakhs, and for partial total disability, it is Rs. 1 lakh||The coverage amount is Rs. 2 lakhs|
|What is the maximum amount of insurance coverage?||Coverage for anyone up to the age of 70.
|Up to 55-year-olds are covered.|
|Is there a period of waiting?
|There is no waiting period||There is no waiting period for accidental death, but there is a 45-day waiting period for natural death.|