Apollo Munich Health Insurance is one of the most trusted and popular health insurance companies in India. The statistics are really good- Over 80% of Apollo Munich’s existing customers renew their policies each year, over 95% of the claims are settled within 30 days from the point of initiation of the claim with 15 days being the average claim settlement period.in feedback, over 85% of Apollo Munich’s customers respond positively. Truly, the company has the drive, recognition, and resources to maintain itself on top of the health insurance companies in India.
They have over 50 branch offices across the country. The health insurance policies offered by them not only cover medical expenses but also includes preventive healthcare treatments. The health insurance policies can be purchased through agents as well as Apollo Munich’s official website.
Health insurance provided by Apollo Munich
- Apollo Munich Easy Health– Individual and Family Floater
- Apollo Munich Optima Restore Plan – Individual and Family Floater
- Apollo Munich Optima Plus Plan
- Apollo Munich Optima Super Plan – Individual and Family Floater
- Apollo Munich Optima Vital Plan
- Apollo Munich Dengue Care Plan – Individual and Family Floater
- Apollo Munich Health Wallet Plan – Individual and Family Floater
- Apollo Munich Day2Day Care Plan – Individual and Family Floater
- Apollo Munich Maxima Plan – Individual and Family Floater
- Apollo Munich Energy Plan
- Apollo Munich Optima Senior Plan
Why Buy Apollo Munich Health Insurance Policy?
Well, there are some reasons that you can consider for purchasing Apollo Munich health insurance which is as follows:
- Sum Insured: A good health insurance plan is one that offers a comprehensive health cover with a reasonable premium amount. You can choose an optimum level of sum insured which suits you the most.
- Cashless hospitalization: The health insurance policies offered by Apollo Munich provide cashless hospitalization in which the insurance provider will pay the medical bills directly to the hospital. They have a very speedy and simple claims approval process.to avail cashless facility, Apollo Munich has over 4500+ network hospitals across India.
- Claim process the claims are settled within 30 days from the point of initiation of the claim with 15 days being the average claim settlement period. The Claim Settlement Ratio for FY2015-16 is 89%.
- Timely healthcare: Apollo Munich will ensure that you receive timely and adequate health care in the cases of medical emergencies such as a sudden illness or accident requiring hospitalization. A suitable health insurance policy is offered by them. You don’t have to pay huge bills from your pocket.
- Tax benefit: yes, the assessee can get a tax deduction on premium paid towards a health insurance policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. It can be for self, dependent children, and parents subject to certain limits.
- Portability: The health insurance plans can be ported from one insurer to another without losing the policy benefits like waiting period and no-claim bonus.
- Lifelong renewability: All health insurance plans offered by Apollo Munich have a lifelong renewability option. It helps the insured member to get health cover at the time of emergency.
- No-Claim Bonus (NCB): you can earn up to 100% NCB in the form of a 50-100% increase in sum insured for every claim-free year.
- Restore benefit: the insurer will restore the full sum insured for any new illnesses if you or a family member exhausts the entire sum insured during the policy term.
- Health and Wellness Portal: With Apollo Munich’s health and wellness portal, the insured person can check or keep a record of their health conditions like BMS, weight, etc. You can communicate with a health expert, access reports 24×7 from anywhere in the world, and keep track of appointments
- Health Checkup: 1% of the sum insured will be reimbursed for a free health checkup at the end of every 2, 3, or 4 claim-free years.
Apollo Munich Services
They provide some unique customer services to promote the well-being of its customers such as:
- Healthline: Apollo Munich health insurance gives this facility to insured members.they can call toll-free number 1800-102-0099 for any emergency or general health consultation. Healthline is managed by specially trained healthcare personnel called health coaches. Health Coach will follow up with the insured persons at regular intervals on their health status, educate you on what to do during an emergency, and give guidance about self-care, minor injuries, or illnesses.
- Health and Wellness Portal: With this service, insured members can keep track of their health and chat with a health coach, access reports 24/7 from anywhere in the world, keep track of appointments, and improve your lifestyle habits.
Apollo Munich Exclusions:
- An initial waiting period of 30 days for all illnesses except an accidental injury.
- A 3-year waiting period for pre-existing diseases.
- Coverage for HIV/AIDS treatment is excluded.
- Treatments for mental disorders, cosmetic surgery, congenital diseases, and weight control are not covered.
- Non-allopathic treatments are not covered.
- Treatments for substance abuse such as alcohol and drugs are not covered.
- Hospitalization due to war or nuclear threat is not covered.
- Dental treatment and pregnancy-related treatment are not covered.
- There is a 2-year waiting period for specific illnesses such as a hernia, cataract, joint replacement, etc.
- Experimental treatments are not covered.