- Code of Conduct for the Direct Selling Agents (DSAs)
- 1. Applicability
- 2. Tele-calling a Prospect (a prospective customer)
- 3. When you may contact a prospect on a telephone
- 4. Can the prospect’s interest be discussed with anybody else?
- 5.Leaving messages and contacting persons other than the prospect.
- 6. No misleading statements/misrepresentations permitted
- 7. Telemarketing Etiquettes
- 8. Gifts or bribes
- 9. Visits/Contacts Precautions:
- 10. Appearance & Dress Code
- 11. Handling of letters & other communication
DSA Roles and Regulations are somewhere same of all Banks and Financial institutions but in most of the cases when you apply for a DSA role for a particular bank and other financial institutions you have to go through the company-specific DSA Agreement which contains all the DSA roles and regulations applicable. Become a DSA with Finbucket.com
Code of Conduct for the Direct Selling Agents (DSAs)
Loan DSA’s (direct selling Agents) are the one who connects an individual to the loan provider, take care of the needed documentation for Loan Application forms, do fundamental check for application and ensure that the submitted documents are in accordance with the guidelines of the loan provider.
The Code of Conduct for the Direct Selling Agents/DSA roles is a non-statutory code.
Code of Conduct for DSA’s should be accepted and included as a part of DSA Roles Agreement between Banks and DSA This Code will, therefore, be applicable to all the person employed by DSA who would be involved in marketing and distributions of the services of banks and financial institutions. Failure to adhere with this requirement may result in permanent termination of the business tie-up of the DSA with Banks and may even lead to permanent blacklisting by the industry.
2. Tele-calling a Prospect (a prospective customer)
Contact a Prospect only when:
A prospect has expressed his/her desire to take a product via bank’s internet site/branch/call center or has been referred by another prospect/client or through the Relationship manager, or is an existing customer of the bank who has given acceptance for receiving calls for the other products of the bank.
The DSA will not contact those prospects for next 3 months who have denied for the offerings.
3. When you may contact a prospect on a telephone
Contacting the prospect must normally be limited to working hrs. DSA should ensure that he will only call when the call is expected to inconvenience him/her.
4. Can the prospect’s interest be discussed with anybody else?
Prospect’s privacy should be the first priority of DSA. The interest of the prospect is generally discussed only with the prospect If the prospect has authorized any other individual/family member /spouse/accountant/secretary can be contacted.
5.Leaving messages and contacting persons other than the prospect.
DSA should call to the prospect only. When the prospect is not available, a message may be drafted for him/her. the objective of the message should be to get the prospect to call back or to check for a convenient time to call again, formatting of the message should be as:
Please leave a message that AAA (Name of officer) representing XXX called and requested to call back at ZZZ (phone number)”.
6. No misleading statements/misrepresentations permitted
The DSA will not
- misguide the prospect on any offered service/product.
- falsely represent themselves, misguided about the bank and financial institution.
- make any fake promises on behalf of the bank and financial institution.
7. Telemarketing Etiquettes
- Do not make prior to 0930 to 1900hrs.
- No serial calling
- No calls on the flagged numbers, identify the do not disturb numbers.
- DSA should identify himself/herself
- Seek a permission to proceed
- Do not force if denied rather apologize and firmly disconnect
- State the valid reason for the call
- Never interrupt or argue
- Talk in the language that is most comfortable to the prospect
If the prospect plans to buy the product
- reconfirm next call and visit details.
- Provide their telephone no. if asked by the customer
- Thank the customer for his/her time.
- Never call for next 3 months to those prospects who denied the offering.
- Never call those customers who already have enrolled in the same service you are offering
8. Gifts or bribes
DSA must not accept any kind of bribe or gift offered by the prospect. he must inform about this with the management.
9. Visits/Contacts Precautions:
- Respect the personal space of prospect
- not enter the prospects office/residence without his/her wish
- not visit in groups
- Respect prospects Privacy
- Maintain professional distance
10. Appearance & Dress Code
DSA must dress properly:
- Ironed trousers
- ironed shirt, shirt sleeves preferably down
- Ironed formal attire, Saree, Suit etc
- Good appearance
11. Handling of letters & other communication
DSA should follow the prescribed format for business-related communications.