State Bank of India (SBI) is the oldest and the largest Public Sector Bank in India. Its services to the customers include the issuance of Credit Cards laden with several perks.
SBI Card deals with the issuance of Credit Cards. It is a joint venture of SBI and Carlyle Group. SBI Card started its operations in the year 1998. It is placed at one of the pole positions in being a Credit Card provider to its customers.
Requirements for obtaining SBI Credit Card
- One either needs to be holding a salaried job or be self-employed.
- One must generate a regular income.
- One must lie within the age bracket of 21 years to 60 years.
- Identification proofs such as
- Voter’s ID
- Aadhaar Card, and
- PAN Card
- Address proof showcasing the current address of the Applicant.
- Passport-sized photos.
Kinds of Credit Cards provided by the SBI
- Lifestyle Cards such as
- SBI Card ELITE
- Reward Cards such as
- SBI Card PRIME, and
- Tata Platinum Card
- Shopping Cards
- Travel and Fuel Cards, among various others.
One can apply for the above-mentioned Cards either through offline or online methods. Duly fill the required details for the obtainment of the SBI Credit Card on the SBI Card website. Upon doing so, the applicant receives an Application Number. The applicants can track the status of their SBI Credit Card applications by the use of application numbers.
Steps for tracking SBI Credit Card Application Status Online
- Visit the website of SBI Card.
- Place the cursor on the ‘Apply’ button on the menu bar.
- Scroll to click on the link ‘Track my Application’.
- Once you reach the desired location on the webpage, you will come across two options there. They are ‘Track Application’ and ‘Retrieve Application’.
- Fill the prescribed box under the option of ‘Track Application’ with your Application Number.
- In case you don’t have your Application Number at the moment, mention the details regarding your date of birth and the PAN under the option of ‘Retrieve Application’.
- Click on the buttons of ‘Track’ or ‘Retrieve’ after the filling the due information under the respective 2 options.
Status of SBI Credit Card Application
The status of the SBI Credit Card Applications can be to the tune of ‘Approved’, ‘Disapproved’, ‘in progress’, ‘on hold ‘, or ‘Dispatched’.
An approved status means that the Applicant’s Credit Card Application has been approved by the SBI and he/she shall soon get access to their Credit Card.
On the status showing ‘Approved’, the next stage that one reaches is where the SBI Credit Card is dispatched to the Applicant. The Applicant then receives an SMS highlighting the details of the delivery and the expected time. On the delivery, it is a necessity for the Applicants to themselves receive the Credit Card. Before that, one requires producing an original identity proof.
The status showing ‘Disapproved’ means that the Application has been rejected due to the inability of the Applicant to meet the eligibility criteria as per the norms of the bank. For any information related to this, one can contact the SBI customer care. One can file a re-application only after a lapse of 3 months from the date of filing the previous Application.
The status ‘in progress’ denotes that the Bank is still in the process of working upon your SBI Credit Card Application.
The status ‘on hold’ means that your SBI Credit Card Application requires more documents. It can also happen due to the failure of document verification.
Steps for tracking SBI Credit Card Application Status offline
For details on the status of the SBI Credit Card Application, one can contact the SBI Credit Card customer care. The toll-free numbers are 1860 180 1290 and 1800 180 1290. The services are provided round the clock.