First of all, if any individual wants to update Aadhaar card so can be done easily. An error of any kind whether of spelling mistake or error regarding any information may lead to the problem but there is a solution to every problem and the Aadhaar card can be updated either online or offline.
Furthermore, if the subscriber links aadhaar with PAN or mobile number and by providing the information which seems different in each document.
Then it will probably create an error that has to be rectified by the subscriber by consequently updating his Aadhaar.
Hence the error takes place when there is a mismatch in the information provided by the subscriber and much as any change or difference is found by an authority during the time of verification of the information provided by the subscriber. There could be many other reasons to update the Aadhaar.
According to officials and the helpline of UIDAI at the aadhaar enrollment center if you haven’t linked your Aadhaar with your PAN or bank account or if you haven’t made any transaction with it for 3 consequent years then your aadhar will become inactive and then you need to get it to update.
Updation of documents takes no cost if it is done online but if you are going to the enrollment center for updation then you need to pay INR 25 each time you get your details updated.
3 ways to update Aadhaar card
If you want to update your Aadhaar so there are 3 easy ways by which you can get your Aadhaar update.
- Update your details online
- Request update by Post
- Visit a nearby enrollment center
Update Aadhaar card Online
- Aadhaar can be updated online only by those individuals who have registered their valid mobile number with their Aadhaar the reason behind this is that the online transactions are One Time Password (OTP) authentication and registering the mobile number with Aadhaar has become mandatory.
- If to update your are using Self Service Update Portal (SSUP), you can update your Demographic details such as:
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar registered mobile number, and
- Email address
Self Service Update Portal
- The very first step is to log in to the Aadhaar card Online Self Service Update Portal by using your Aadhaar number to update the Aadhaar card.
- Request online to submit the change or correction which is to be done to update your Aadhaar.
- Have supporting self-attested Proof of Identity document in the form of soft copy and then you need to scan and upload it for:
- Change in the name of Aadhaar card
- Surname change, or
Update your Aadhaar through the post
To update the Aadhaar card by post you have to download the form online and for the same purpose go for the steps given below:
- Firstly you need to mark the field that has to update at the top of the form
- Fill up the details in English and your local language.
- The local language was used at the time of enrollment and appear in your Aadhaar letter.
- Fill that field which is required to update.
- In addition to any update or correction, you need to provide your mobile number as it is mandatory.
- Providing an email address is optional.
- Make the field clear of which is to be updated or correct.
- The application should be filled along with self-attested Aadhaar supporting documents which will be sent to UIDAI address given below:
Post Box No. 99
Post Box No. 10
Update your Aadhaar by visiting Enrollment Center
- First of all, visit Aadhaar Permanent Enrollment Center in addition to get both demographics as well as biographic done.
- Demographics include:
- Mobile number, and
- Email address
- Biographies include:
- Iris scan, and
- Demographics include:
- Carry original documents to update at an enrollment center.
- Furthermore, the authority will scan the original documents at the enrollment center.
- After the verification process, you will receive your original documents.