- Update Aadhaar Card
- Online: Update Aadhaar Card Details
- Update Aadhaar Details Offline
- Visit Permanent Enrollment Center
- UIDAI has 3 modes of assisted updates
- Updating Client Life
- Updating Client Standard
- Updating Via AUA Point Of Presence
- Different Modes by Fields for Update
- Lists of documents required for Updating/Correcting Aadhaar Card details
- Documents for Proof of Identity
- Documents for Proof of Address
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Documents for Proof of Relationship
- When to Update an Aadhaar Card?
- You need to update Aadhaar card details in following cases
- Change in Name, Mobile number, and Address
- Errors in details during Enrollment Process
- Updating the Local Language
- UIDAI’s demands for documents
- A Maturing Child
- Incorrect Biometric Capture
- UIDAI can Intimate Residents for Biometric Update
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the details which can be updated online?
- Q. How do I update any other details?
- Q. Are there any criteria to be met in order to request for changes online?
- Q. Should I submit my update request in a local language as well?
- Q. What happens if my mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar authorities?
- Q. How do I register my mobile number in order to make changes online?
- Q. Do I have to provide any documents in order to update/change my mobile details?
- Q. Where should I send the post/letter?
- Q. Can I update information pertaining to my child/ward?
- Q. My child’s address needs to be updated in his/her Aadhar card. Can it be done?
- Q. I do not have a proof of address with me. Is it still possible to request for a change in the address in my child’s Aadhaar?
- Q. Do I have to provide my old information while requesting for change/correction/modification of information?
- Q. Do I have to mention the salutation if I am requesting a correction in my name via post?
- Q. Can I change/modify the information after I submit the request for correction online?
- Q. Will I be provided with an updated Aadhaar letter once the details are corrected?
- Q. I have changed my email Id and need to update the same in my Aadhaar. How do I do this?
- Q. What are the supporting documents I need to submit to change the name?
- Q. What are the supporting documents I need to submit for change in date of birth?
- Q. What are the supporting documents I need to submit a request for a change of address?
- Q. Can my request application be rejected?
- Q. What are the possible reasons for rejection?
- Q. Do I have to provide c/o information with the address?
- Q. What happens if my Aadhaar is suspended?
Update Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar contains a person’s vital information like fingerprints, iris scan, address proof, date of birth, the mobile number which works as an ID proof as well as address proof.
- It is important to update Aadhaar card to avail benefits of various government schemes. Every Indian resident should update Aadhaar card because it has now become important in government services, pension benefits, subsidy, healthcare, taxation services, insurance services etc.
- Aadhaar card has become the most authentic document, therefore it is necessary to update Aadhaar card details.
- A person who changes his name, address etc. should inform the UIDAI authorities to update Aadhaar card with his new information.
- All the Aadhaar data be it demographics or biometric information is stored in Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR), which is located in Manesar, Haryana.
Online: Update Aadhaar Card Details
Update Aadhaar card online is a simple and time-saving method, where Aadhaar card holders can update all the information online.
- Visit the website of UIDAI
- Under “Update Aadhaar Details” row, click on “Update Aadhaar Detail Online”.
- On the new page enter Aadhaar number.
- Also, enter the text verification number.
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Type the OTP to log in to Aadhaar account.
- The page will get directed to a new data request page. Select the field that you want to update.
- Fill all the details, but remember to double check the information as it will be reflected in the new Aadhaar card.
- After submitting the form a URN will be generated.
- Select a BPO service provider for reviewing the updated information and click on submit.
- Upload an official copy of documents that help to validate the changes made. But in case if the date of birth mentioned on the Aadhaar card is wrong, you should send a copy of a birth certificate or any other birth proo0f.
- You can even download a copy of updated verification.
- Use the URN to check the Aadhaar Card update status.
Update Aadhaar Details Offline
You can update your Aadhaar Card information using postal service also.
- First, download the Aadhaar data update/correction form from the UIDAI website or click the link: https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf
- You should read the form carefully and fill in all the details that are needed to be updated.
- Check whether the documents provided matches with the list of documents on UIDAI website.
- Send the form and the attached documents to UIDAI, authorities at Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034 India, through the nearest post office.
- When UIDAI receives your request, an update request will be sent to you via SMS
Visit Permanent Enrollment Center
Applicant can visit the permanent enrollment center for updating the Aadhaar card apart from offline and online updating system. You can seek the help of the officials to update your biometric as well as demographic information. But remember to carry along with you the supporting documents of the information you want to update in the Aadhaar card.
UIDAI has 3 modes of assisted updates
Updating Client Life
Demographic fields, photo etc. can be updated. Through this modes, those fields are verified which needs documentary evidence. Follow the simple steps:
- Fill in the update form.
- The UIDAI officials present at the enrolment center will verify the details filled. The verification process should be in line with DDSVP committee recommendations followed during the enrolment process. You can read the committee recommendations by visiting the website of UIDAI.
- The operator will enter the details in the software manually.
- Biometric authentication is done by the resident for each and every request.
- The operator then validates all the information provided by you.
- In the end, the applicant will get an acknowledgment receipt with update request number (URN) that can be tracked.
Updating Client Standard
The information in the biometric field, demographic fields, and local languages are updated in this mode The verification should be in line with the DDSVP Committee recommendations followed during the enrolment process. Follow the simple steps:
- The applicant should fill in the application form.
- Then the form is verified by an appointed UIDAI verifier or registrar.
- Next, the operator will enter the data into the software.
- Biometric authentication is needed to be done for every update/correction.
- Finally, the operator and supervisor will confirm on the corrections or updates done.
- Lastly, you will receive an acknowledgment receipt with update request number (URN) that can be tracked.
Updating Via AUA Point Of Presence
Update or correction of demographic fields is done in this mode. Generally, this is used by a handful of registrar’s who will become authentication user agencies (AUA).
- The UIDAI provides applications and APIs to registrar’s who will become authentication user agency.
- You should fill the application first. Then the selected registrars will collect/generate/process and manage particular demographic field. They usually update the information and keep the data safe.
- On the authentication user agency(AUA) device, the biometric authentication of the individuals is done. UIDAI may also demand additional documents for authentication. After the registrar’s verification, the UIDAI will accept the updates accordingly.
- Along with the update request by the applicants, the supporting documents are uploaded and are made available by the registrar.
- Finally, you receive an acknowledgment receipt or SMS or email, based on the type of request made by you.
Different Modes by Fields for Update
The section below summarizes the fields which can be updated through various modes.
|Field||Update Client Standard||Update Client Life||AUD Devices with Biometric Authentication||Online Portal (with regd. Mobile)||Registered Mobile||Physical Mail|
|Data Sharing Consent||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
Lists of documents required for Updating/Correcting Aadhaar Card details
Documents for Proof of Identity
- PAN Card
- Ration/PDS Photocard
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government photo ID card
- Arms License
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Kisaan photo passbook
- Address having name and photo issued by Department of Posts.
- Certificate of identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar or letterhead
Documents for Proof of Address
- Bank Statement
- Post Office Account Statement
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government photo ID Card
- Telephone Landline Bill
- Credit Card Statement
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan passbook
- Income Tax Assessment order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered sale/lease/ Rent agreement
- Caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by the State Government
- Disability ID card
- Gas connection
- Passport of spouse
- Passport of parents
- Allotment letter of Accommodation issued by Central or State Government.
Proof of Date of Birth
- Birth certificate
- SSLC Book/Certificate
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
- PAN card
- Mark sheet issued by any government board or University.
- Government photo ID card
- Central/State Pension Payment Order
Documents for Proof of Relationship
- PDS Card
- MNREGA Job Card
- Pension Card
- Army Canteen Card
- Birth certificate issued by Registrar of Birth, Municipal Corporation and other notified local government bodies like Tehsil etc.
- Any other Central/State government issued family entitlement document
- Marriage Certificate Issued by the Government.
When to Update an Aadhaar Card?
You need to update Aadhaar card details in following cases
Change in Name, Mobile number, and Address
When a person gets married, her demographic details are changed like name and address. The address can also be changed in cases where a person moves to a new location. Mobile numbers and e-mail address are other demographic details that can be changed. In this case, the person needs to update Aadhaar card.
Errors in details during Enrollment Process
In the enrollment process, there might be mistakes on the part of officials because of which there can be certain errors in the demographic information like date of birth, gender, and address. Therefore, the applicant should update Aadhaar card as early as possible.
Updating the Local Language
Aadhaar card is a digital identity which can be applied from any state in the country. In cases where the operators include their native language as the local language, the individuals can update the local language as per their choices.
UIDAI’s demands for documents
A person needs to update Aadhaar card whenever he/she is notified by the UIDAI authorities. If the UIDAI authorities are of the view that quality of the documents submitted is not as per the standards, it will notify the residents to submit their demographic information again.
A Maturing Child
For children who are below 5 years of age who are given the Aadhaar card, it is necessary to update their Aadhaar card with their biometric information once they turn 5 and 15 years of age. However, the Aadhaar number once assigned will remain same. All individuals who posses Aadhaar card should update their information after every 10 years.
In cases where a person meets with an accident that may impact their biometric i.e fingerprints, they should apply for Aadhaar update as early as possible.
Incorrect Biometric Capture
If the biometrics information captured during the enrollment process is of poor quality then the authentication will fail. In such a case residents can apply for the biometric update.
UIDAI can Intimate Residents for Biometric Update
UIDAI authorities also verify the resident’s biometrics that is captured during the process of enrolment. If UIDAI feels that the quality of biometrics is not as per the standards set by UIDAI, then they will inform residents to again update their biometrics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the details which can be updated online?
Ans. Name, address, gender, date of birth, mobile number, and e-mail can be updated online.
Q. How do I update any other details?
Ans. To update other details you can visit the permanent enrolment center or update center.
Q. Are there any criteria to be met in order to request for changes online?
Ans. You should have a registered mobile number in order to update Aadhaar card online. Because all the OTPs will be sent to the mobile number registered with UIDAI.
Q. Should I submit my update request in a local language as well?
Ans. You will have to provide information in English and a local language. The online portal can support requests in Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Oriya, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Punjabi, Bengali, Malayalam, and Tamil language.
Ans. You will have to make sure that your mobile number get registered, otherwise, the one-time password will not be generated and you will face difficulties online.
Q. How do I register my mobile number in order to make changes online?
Ans. You can simply visit the nearest update center and register the mobile number.
Q. Do I have to provide any documents in order to update/change my mobile details?
Ans. There is no need to carry any document to update your mobile number, just carry the number which you need to update.
Q. Where should I send the post/letter?
Ans. You can send the request to any of these two addresses: UIDAI, Post Box Number 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001 Or UIDAI, Post Box Number 99 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034.
Q. Can I update information pertaining to my child/ward?
Ans. You can update Aadhaar card of your child. For this, you need to provide your Aadhar number that is linked to that of your child’s Aadhaar card.
Q. My child’s address needs to be updated in his/her Aadhar card. Can it be done?
Ans. You can visit the nearest enrolment center to update Aadhaar card. You need to carry your address proof, proof of relationship and provide your biometrics in order to do the same.
Q. I do not have a proof of address with me. Is it still possible to request for a change in the address in my child’s Aadhaar?
Ans. For doing this you will have to get a certificate of address issued by a gazetted officer or an MP/MLA or the Tehsildar.
Q. Do I have to provide my old information while requesting for change/correction/modification of information?
Ans. There is no need of providing your old details like name or address, etc. while requesting for changes/correction/modification of information.
Q. Do I have to mention the salutation if I am requesting a correction in my name via post?
Ans. You need to enter the correct name, without any salutations.
Q. Can I change/modify the information after I submit the request for correction online?
Ans. You should check the information carefully before you submit.
Q. Will I be provided with an updated Aadhaar letter once the details are corrected?
Ans. You will receive an updated Aadhaar letter. If your name, address, gender, or date of birth changes as per the requirement then you will be sent the letter.
Q. I have changed my email Id and need to update the same in my Aadhaar. How do I do this?
Ans. Can request to update Aadhaar card online on SSUP portal for this information or you can visit an enrolment center.
Q. What are the supporting documents I need to submit to change the name?
Ans. For correction in your name, you can send your proof of identity, that could be any valid government ID which has your correct name with a photograph.
Q. What are the supporting documents I need to submit for change in date of birth?
Ans. You can submit a birth certificate that is supporting document for proof of birth.
Q. What are the supporting documents I need to submit a request for a change of address?
Ans. You can submit a document which has your updated address as proof. If you do not have address proof then you can include an affidavit with your photograph issued by your MP/MLA, Tehsildar, or a Gazetted Officer.
Q. Can my request application be rejected?
Ans. An application can be rejected if it doesn’t meet the requirements of UIDAI for verification.
Q. What are the possible reasons for rejection?
Ans. The possible reasons for which a request can be rejected include:
- Incorrect proof of address/Identity.
- Failure to attest proof of ID/address
- Uploading incorrect documents
- Wrong Aadhaar number
- Incorrect mobile number
Q. Do I have to provide c/o information with the address?
Ans. There is no need to provide this along with the address.
Q. What happens if my Aadhaar is suspended?
Ans. If your Aadhaar is suspended you will have to visit the nearest enrolment center to update all the required information.