Link Aadhaar with National Pension Scheme Account
- The government of India has made it mandatory for every Indian resident to get an Aadhaar card. UIDAI, which is the authority for providing every Indian resident with Aadhaar card has made all possible efforts to ensure that process of procuring Aadhaar card gets simple and easy.
- It is now mandatory by the government to link Aadhaar to various government schemes, so you should link Aadhaar to the NPS account. Aadhaar number is a 12-digit number an Indian resident can get for himself, which will contain his demographic and biometric information.
- The National Pension Scheme(NPS) is a voluntary retirement saving scheme, which enables monthly savings during the work life of the NPS account holder. National Pension Scheme helps a person to save for his future, for a comfortable living after the retirement. The Government of India has issued guidelines for the NPS scheme holders to link Aadhaar card to their NPS account.
How to link Aadhaar number to NPS account online?
Seeing the problems faced by the NPS account holders of going to the NPS office and waiting for a long time in ques, the government of India has made it easier for the NPS scheme holders to access their account online. NPS scheme holder can have a look at his account, just by logging into the official NPS website.
Steps on how to link Aadhaar with NPS account:
- Visit https://cra-nsdl.com/CRA/
- Write the user ID and password and log into your account.
- Then click on “update details” option.
- Select edit/Add Aadhaar number.
- Write the Aadhaar number.
- An OTP will be generated on the mobile number that you have registered with UIDAI before you submit, for authentication purpose.
Follow these steps if you open the PRAN account for the first time:
- You will have to first login to www.cra-nsdl.com
- Enter your personal details.
- Enter Aadhaar details.
- You can also choose to change the picture on your Aadhaar.
- Upload signatures.
- You will be required to pay a minimum of Rs.500 to open an NPS account.
- You can make payments through credit cards, debit cards, or net banking.
- PRAN account will be generated after the payment which is linked to the Aadhaar.
Related Article- Udyog Aadhaar registration online
Name mentioned on your Aadhaar card should match PFRDA.
If there is a mismatch in name, then the account holder should submit a self-attested PRAN card copy and Aadhaar copy.
Since the government of India has made the Aadhaar card mandatory for availing benefits of the government welfare scheme, therefore it is advisable that if you are an NPS account holder then you should link your Aadhaar to the NPS as soon as possible.