The government of India has made it mandatory for residents to link Aadhaar with mobile number. The Aadhaar card has become an authentic and important document to establish the correct identity of a person.
Now if you need to avail financial benefits of government welfare schemes, file income tax returns, invest in mutual funds and insurance, you should have an Aadhaar card linked to your bank account, PAN card and you will need to link mobile number to Aadhaar card as well.
According to the UIDAI notifications, Mobile users are required to link mobile number to Aadhaar card and for this purpose, the telecom service provider companies(Airtel, Vodafone, etc.) are taking the necessary steps to make their customers link mobile number to Aadhaar card you can also link Aadhaar with PAN.
UIDAI has made it easy for Aadhaar cardholders to link Aadhaar with a mobile number. Earlier, a person had to give his fingerprints to local SIM card retailer by visiting the store to link Aadhaar with a mobile number.
Now provisions have been made by the UIDAI a person can link mobile number to Aadhaar card through an OTP that is received on the mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
The Aadhaar number holder should provide OTP with his Aadhaar number during the authentication process and the same shall match with the OTP generated by the UIDAI Authorities.
Advantages to link Aadhaar with Mobile Number
There are many advantages if you link Aadhaaar with mobile number.
- Online verification of you ITR can be done using Aadhaar card with the help of one-time password (OTP) that is generated on the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar.
- Another advantage is that you can update your personal details linked to your Aadhaar online, using an OTP which will be generated to your registered mobile number.
Procedure to link Aadhar with Mobile Number
- Visit the UIDAI website that is https://uidai.gov.in/
- Select “Enrollment & Update” tab and click on “Aadhaar Data Update”
- Download the Aadhaar correction form.
- Write your Aadhaar number, name, guardian’s name, address, city, district, post office, https://uidai.gov.in/in code and state.
- Mention your mobile number that is active.
- Attach a photocopy of proof of address (POA) and also mention it in the form.
- After filling all the details, sign the form or provide a thumbprint on the form.
- Send your application to the nearest post office.
- You can send your application to the following address:
1: UIDAI Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034,
2: Box No.10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001
- The authorities on receiving the application will first validate the details and then link mobile number to Aadhaar card.
- You will receive a confirmation notification from UIDAI when the mobile and Aadhaar number registration is complete.
Steps to link Aadhaar with Mobile Number
Verify Aadhaar Mobile Number And Email-Id
- Go to the website: https://uidai.gov.in/
- Under‘Aadhaar Services’ choose the ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ option.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number, mobile number, email id and the security code.
- Then write the OTP
- Click on ‘Verify OPT’