Aadhaar card correction form enables the person to make any kind of changes regarding the given information in the Aadhaar Card. By visiting the official website of UIDAI and download the Aadhaar Card Correction form and the form can be sent by post after its completion on the given address, the aadhaar correction form can also be submitted through online but the required documents are needed to send by post. The aadhaar correction form can be used by the resident of India who needs to change the given information in his Aadhaar Card or for the purpose of sending corrections and updates by post and while doing this one should not forget to mention his registration mobile number on the form as it is mandatory. You can download the aadhaar correction form from the official website of the UIDAI.
Contents of the Aadhaar Card Correction Form
There are various sections in Aadhaar Card Correction Form which are required to fill by the applicant.
- The field for update/correction (more than one field can be opted as per the requirements)
- Name Gender
- Date of Birth
- Email Id
- Aadhaar Number (enter your 12 digit aadhaar number)
- In this section, you need to fill the information in both English and your local language which appears in Aadhaar letter. The following information you need to provide in this section:
- Name of the resident
- Gender (male/ female or transgender)
- Address or C/O details ( D/O, S/O, W/O, H/O)
- The name of the parents/ guardians/ spouse
- Name of the locality where the resident resides
- The name of street/ road/ lane
- Name of the landmark
- Mention the sector/ locality
- And also the name of the city/ town/ village
- District name
- Post office
- Pin Code
- Mobile number
- Email address
- This section refers to the document details section, the documents which are attached is required to write down in this section also you can go through the list of the valid documents in the Annexure 1 of the form. The information which is required to fill in this section is:
- POI (For the correction of a name)
- POL (to change the name)
- DOB (to make a change in date of birth)
- POA (for change in address)
After making all required change in the above section you need to sign in the form or you can provide a thumbprinting to assure that the information you have provided is true and accurate.
Availability of the address on which you can send the Aadhaar Card Correction Form
- UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India.
- UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
How to change the address on Aadhaar Card online and offline
There are two ways to update the address on aadhaar card first in online method and the second one is an offline method
- The only update can be made by only those individuals who have registered their valid mobile number therefore, online transactions are OTP authentication. Registering the mobile number with aadhar card has become mandatory.
- With the help of Self Service Update Provider, you can update the details.
- Login to your aadhaar number submits an aadhaar card address change request.
- Scan and upload supporting self-attested document as a proof of identity for aadhar card changes.
- Once your request is submitted you will receive an aadhar card update request number with the help of which you can track the status of the request.
- You need to visit nearby enrollment center for the update.
- Carry original document to update at an enrollment center.
- After getting your documents update at enrollment center you can visit any of the permanent enrollment centers for getting updates.
Procedure for updating aadhaar card
There is a proper process to update aadhaar details, the following steps to update your Aadhar card are given below:
|Step 1||For any change in aadhar details visit the official website of UIDAI.|
|Step 2||Enter your Aadhar number|
|Step 3||Third step is to Click on “sent OTP” button|
|Step 4||You will receive an OTP on your linked mobile number. Mention that OTP on the screen|
|Step 5||Enter the Captcha code on the screen and submit it.|
|Step 6||Mention the changes or details on the form, on the data update request|
|Step 7||In the next step, you need to browse and update the soft digital copy of the supporting document for the purpose of update or correction.|
|Step 8||Receive a URN number which is essential to check an update letter on.|
Documents required for Aadhaar Card Correction
You need to have following documents with you to make any kind of a change or to update your aadhaar card
- Aadhar Card number
- The registered mobile number
- Required aadhar card details to make the changes in your form.
The reason behind the rejection of Aadhar Card
Check your Aadhar status. You may receive the following status regarding your aadhar update
- Under review
Reasons behind the rejection of the application
- Inadequate documents were submitted.
- Submission of incorrect details.
- Human error when filling the request form
In case you don’t understand the reason behind the rejection then you can do the following things:
- Visit your aadhar center to get the documents that you need and then file a fresh request.
- Collect the documents fill a new form and submit it online, if in case you submit your document manually at the center then you will not be able to check the status online.
Points to keep in mind while filling Aadhaar Card Correction Form
- Details in correction form should be fill in capital letters only
- The form is only for the purpose of correction or update.
- Do not forget to provide your mobile number as it is mandatory to make correction/s.
- Send the documents through post.
- Fill the form in English as well as in the local language.
- Provide only current and valid details.
- Enter your clear and complete address to avoid any kind of confession or problem.
- Mention clearly the name of the resident with signature or thumbprint
- Provide the document only which support an update or correction made
- Do not write Ms./ Dr. etc before your name.
Aadhar Card is mandatory for everything if you do not have it then apply for aadhar card.