In case you lost or misplaced your Aadhaar card do not panic, it is very easy to get a Duplicate Aadhar all you need to have your Aadhaar number or Aadhaar card acknowledgment slip to download a duplicate Aadhaar copy online. Duplicate Aadhaar is equal to the original one. If in case you don’t have an acknowledgment slip which you must have received at the time of registration or you don’t know your Aadhaar number then to get a duplicate Aadhaar card to follow the instructions or any of the way which suites you have given below.
Get Duplicate Aadhaar Online
- Visit the website of UIDAI the UIDAI provides this option under the “Aadhaar Online Service”
- Select either of the options under “you want to retrieve your lost”:
- Enrollment number (EID), or
- Aadhaar number (UID)
The website will direct you to another page and you need to fill the details in various fields such as:
- Enter your name
- Email address
- Your registered mobile number
- Enter the captcha
- Click on “OTP”
- You will receive the One Time Password on your registered mobile number or email address mention that on the screen. You will receive Aadhaar number on mobile or on your email address whichever is mentioned by you.
- Click on “validate and download”
- With the help of Aadhaar number or Aadhaar enrollment ID, you can download your duplicate Aadhaar card/ e-copy.
- After clicking on “Download Aadhaar” you will be redirected to a new page and there you are required to enter details such as:
- Aadhaar number, or
- Enrollment ID number
- Pin Code of your postal address
- Click on “OTP” One Time Password
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number, enter that OTP on the screen to download the copy of e-Aadhaar.
- Put the password to open the PDF file containing your Aadhaar and get your aadhaar print.
Get Duplicate Aadhaar through SMS or Call
- The subscriber can also contact a UIDAI representative or officer through toll-free number 1800-180-1947 to receive the information about the Aadhaar card.
- Follow the IVR option, after that choose the option to talk Aadhaar executive.
- Tell them about your lost Aadhaar and also you need to provide them the demographic information such as name, phone number, email address, date of birth, etc.
- Aadhaar executives will ask a few questions to verify the information.
- Once you provide the information to the Aadhaar Executive and if he is satisfied then he will proceed for your duplicate Aadhaar
- After all the formalities are done duplicate aadhaar card will be sent to your postal address or you may receive the message on your registered mobile number about the details of your aadhaar card.
Visit the regional office
If an individual is not able to contact UIDAI by the way of email or phone then you should contact the Regional Office of aadhaar card and you need to tell them that you have lost your Aadhaar card. Visit the Regional office along with all the required documents for verification and other formalities to proceed manually.
Visit the Enrollment Center
- You can also contact the enrollment center in which you were previously registered for the Aadhaar card, contact them, and tell about your lost card. Take all the related documents to the center to avoid any delay.
- The executive will verify you are biometric and place a request for your duplicate aadhaar.
- When all the formalities are done you will receive a duplicate aadhaar at your postal address.