How to download the Aadhaar card online?
The online Aadhaar card can be availed by every individual and it serves as both identification and residential proofs as it is issued by the UIDAI(unique identification authority of India) who issues a unique identification number for every Indian citizen. The project is run by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and was introduced in January 2009. The general idea behind the Aadhaar card system in India is to issue every citizen with a unique number to help identify and provide them with the benefit of schemes announced by the government. This unique identity involves the process of issuance of a 12 digit Aadhaar number and an Aadhaar card. The idea was that the project would be equivalent to an identity card for everyone and would then be linked to other services like UAN, bank accounts, and pension schemes.
The procedure to download an E Aadhaar is the card is pretty simplistic. It can be done in two ways, either by making use of Aadhaar number or by using your enrolment id. The only difference in both these methods is the particular number that you use, and the remaining procedure is more or less the same.
Visit the website – https://uidai.gov.in/
Download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number
Aadhaar card can be downloaded and printed from the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Unlike the PAN card or voter ID card, the process to get a copy of the Aadhaar card is much simpler. A copy of the Aadhaar card can be used as a valid Aadhaar letter. By using the original Aadhaar Unique Identification Number (UID), an online Aadhaar card can easily be obtained by an Indian citizen.
Initially, when an individual applies for an Aadhaar card, an acknowledgment slip with reference details is provided. The slip contains basic details along with the enrolment number and time stamp. You can either use EID or UID to retrieve your E-Aadhaar card.
Please follow the following steps to download and print your Aadhaar card:
- Visit www.uidai.gov.in (the official website for Aadhaar related services)
- View the section ‘Aadhaar enrolment’ under ‘Aadhaar online services’
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’
- You will be redirected to https://eAadhar.uidai.gov.in/
- Depending on whether you have the EID or UID, select the appropriate option
- Enter your enrolment number/Aadhaar number
- Enter your personal details, such as:
- Full name
- PIN code
- Aadhaar Mobile number
- Image captcha
- Click ‘Get One Time Password’ (OTP)
- You will receive the OTP on your mobile phone within a few minutes
- Enter the One time password to continue downloading and then click download
- The Aadhaar card will be downloaded in a PDF format
- You will need Adobe Reader to open the file
- The file can be opened by entering PIN code as a password
When you will be able to see the Adhaar card, a printed copy can be obtained and you can present it as a valid identification proof wherever required.
How to Download Aadhaar Card with Name and Date of Birth?
Once your Aadhaar card is issued by the authority one should not wait to receive it at your mailing address, it can easily be downloaded online. One of the best ways to get your Aadhaar is to download it online. However, you cannot download the Aadhaar card online without your Aadhaar enrolment number. If you have lost your Aadhaar number and enrolment number, you can still download your e-Aadhaar card with your name and date of birth.
- Firstly, visit the UIDAI website.
- Now, enter all the details like the full name, address, registered mobile number in the fields.
- After entering all your details, click on the “Get OTP” button (One time password). Then the process of verification of your details will be done by the UIDAI database, you will receive an OTP in the next few minutes.
- Enter the OTP and click on the submit button. You will receive an email or SMS with the enrolment ID details once you click on the submit button.
- Now you will receive the Aadhaar enrolment number, afterward, you can go to the the-Aadhaar page on the official UIDAI website.
- Click on the “I Have” option and tick the enrolment Id option.
- Now fill your details like full name, Aadhaar enrolment number, and pin code.
- Now the text will appear on the screen you have to enter the text shown in the image in the textbox get One Time Password (OTP).
- You will receive an OTP and enter that OTP.
- Don’t forget to enter your mobile number next to the textbox and click you complete all these steps click the “done” button.
- Just click on the validate and download button
How to Download Aadhaar Card With Enrolment Number (EID)?
The acknowledgment slip shows the important details that will be necessary for the Aadhaar card. The vital information we will find is the Aadhaar enrolment number (EID) and time stamp Online Aadhaar card can be downloaded from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)’s website from the EID and time stamp. The necessary steps to be followed are listed below:
- Visit the website – www.uidai.gov.in
- Under the Aadhaar Online Services, select Download Aadhaar
- You will come to e Aadhaar web page
- Use your acknowledgment slip to enter your 14 digit EID and the timestamp
- Enter your name, pin code, mobile number, and image captcha to generate an OTP
- The OTP will be sent to you
- Enter the OTP to validate your request
- Your Aadhaar card will be downloaded to your PC.
- Enter your pin code as a password to open the PDF file
- The PDF file contains your Aadhaar card that can be printed. The printed copy can be used as an original document.
How to Print Aadhaar Card?
Once the E-Aadhaar Card, you can download and print it. To print your card, you should open the downloaded file using the Acrobat Reader in pdf format. When the file gets opened, you can print via CTRL+P (the shortcut for a print command) or by clicking on the ‘Print’ option present on the ‘File’ menu of Acrobat Reader.