Check Aadhaar status
- Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI), issues a 12-digit unique identification number known as Aadhaar number, which has already been made mandatory for all Indian residents.
- Once you apply for an Aadhaar number and complete all the formalities, it takes up to 60 to 90 days for the actual delivery of Aadhaar card to your address.
- Meanwhile, you need to regularly check Aadhaar status. It is also mandatory to link Aadhaar with many services like the permanent account number (PAN), bank accounts, SIM numbers, and other social security schemes.
- There are possibilities that your Aadhaar verification might fail due to lack of appropriate documents or fake documents.
- There are also chances that the authorities dispatch the Aadhaar card but you don’t receive it. However, you can check Aadhaar status online after enrolment.
- To check Aadhaar status after the enrolment process, visit UIDAI’s online portal or you can check Aadhaar status through mobile phone via an SMS. Both of these methods are extremely simple.
Method to check Aadhaar status through UIDAI website
- Visit the website of UIDAI, http://uidai.gov.in
- Click on the link ‘check Aadhaar status‘ under Aadhaar enrolment.
- Write the enrollment id number and the date and time in the space provided.
- Enter the security code.
- Finally, click on ‘check status’.
- The status of your Aadhaar card will appear on the screen.
Steps to check Aadhaar status
- Aadhaar card has been made mandatory by the government of India to avail various benefits of Government welfare schemes.
- Apply immediately for Aadhaar card if you have not applied for it yet.
- It is recommended that you apply for an Aadhaar card for yourself as soon as possible or if you have already applied for it then keep on checking your Aadhaar status regularly until it actually reaches you.