Individual can check Aadhaar card status through different ways. As Aadhaar card has become an important part of everyone’s journey and it plays a vital role in day to day transaction as well so it has become necessary to get updates and related information of Aadhar. Aadhaar Card is a 12 digit Unique Identity number which is issued to the citizen of India by the Unique Identity Authority of India also it is the mandatory verification card for all citizens of India, after getting enroll for Aadhar card you can receive it within 90 (3 months) usually. It is essential to link aadhaar with various services if you want to avail the benefits of various schemes. If you don’t have the aadhaar yet then apply for aadhaar immediately.
Anyone can check their Aadhaar card status through different ways. Aadhaar Card is required to link with many services like:
- Bank account
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Aadhaar mobile number
- Life insurance policy, and
- Social Security Schemes of Government, etc.
Steps to Check Aadhaar Card Status
Aadhar status can be checked through different ways which are given below:
Check Aadhaar Card Status Online
- A 14 digits enrollment number will be mentioned on your acknowledgment slip which would be given to you at the time of enrollment and 14 digits of date and time of enrollment. This 28 digit together form your temporary enrollment ID (EID).
- Visit the Official Website of UIDAI
- Under Aadhaar enrollment click on “check Aadhaar status”
- Type the enrollment ID at the given space also mention the date and time.
- Type the security code and click on “Check Aadhaar Status”
- You will receive the status of aadhaar card on the screen.
Check Aadhaar card status via Toll-free number
As it is the easiest process to check the Aadhaar card status by a toll-free number so it can also be used for the purpose to save the time. A process to check Aadhaar status via the Toll-free number is given below:
- The very first step is to call the toll-free number 1800-180-1947 or 1947 provided by UIDAI to check the status of your Aadhaar card.
- If your Aadhaar card has not been delivered to you even after the 90 days of your enrollment then call on the number “1947” or send an email to “email@example.com”
- They will ask you some questions to verify and proceed further with your aadhaar. You will receive the same at your postal address.
Check Aadhaar card status through mobile
You can check your Aadhaar status through mobile also by following steps given below:
- You can check the status through registered mobile number.
- Send an SMS to “51969” and type “UID STATUS <14 digit number issued on acknowledgment slip>
- UIDAI will send you the current status of your aadhaar, or
- UIDAI will send you the Aadhaar number on your registered mobile number.
Check Aadhaar card status from enrollment center
- Visit your nearest enrollment center to register your mobile number or to update your mobile number.
- Even if your mobile is not registered send SMS to “51969” and type “UID STATUS <14 digit number issued on acknowledgment slip> and by this you will only receive the status of your aadhaar enrollment, as your number is not registered so you will not receive the SMS if your Aadhaar number is generated.
Procedure to update Aadhaar card
Follow the procedure below to update an Aadhaar card
- For the purpose of changing Aadhaar card details visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Enter your Aadhaar number.
- Click on “send OTP”
- You will receive an OTP on mobile enter it on the screen
- Enter the captcha code
- Click “submit”
- Data update request tab will appear on the screen, enter the details to update your Aadhaar.
- Update the soft digital copy and supporting documents.
- You will receive URN number which will help you to check the updates your Aadhaar status.
Changes which can made in Aadhaar card
Through SSUP people are able to change the following details by online portal:
- Mobile number (if registered)
- Date of Birth (DOB)
Visit the official website of UIDAI in order to change the details. Therefore, download the form, make changes and submit it to the enrollment center with the supportive documents.
Documents required to update your Aadhaar card
Documents required to update aadhaar card:
- A registered mobile number
- Aadhaar card number
- Document of proof for the purpose of verification, and
- Aadhaar card details