Procedure to apply for Aadhaar Card has become easier now. The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) issue the 12 digit number to every individual who applied for aadhaar.
Aadhaar card has become the necessity especially for filling Income Tax Return. In case you don’t have your Aadhaar so it will be advisable to Apply for Aadhaar card as soon as possible.
Aadhaar card is necessary to file the income tax return. Aadhar card serves as Proof of Identity and Proof of Address for citizen of India which includes children also.There is a procedure to apply for aadhaar card which needs to be followed by every individual. Individual can avail the numerous benefits from the Aadhar card.
Subscribers can easily apply for the Aadhar online as it is the easiest and quick process. Aadhaar enrollment is free for the resident of India and the subscriber may apply for his Aadhar from anywhere within the country
How to apply for Aadhar Card?
- Online method
- Visit the Enrollment Center
Please remember that online appointment registration facility is provided by the all Aadhar centers and once you have taken the online appointment you need to go to center at the given date and time with required documents.
Procedure to Apply for Aadhaar Card
Procedure to apply for Aadhaar card:
- Find the nearest enrollment center and book an appointment online.
- Arrange the supporting documents.
- Visit the Aadhar card center
- Fill the enrollment form also the subscriber can download it from online then fill it and take it to the enrollment center along with all supporting documentation.
- Provide you photograph, fingerprint, and iris scan
- Submit biometric proof
- After providing all the details check them carefully and make corrections if needed during enrollment itself.
- After providing all the correct and accurate details the subscriber will receive an acknowledgment slip for your enrollment. The enrollment number will be of 14 digits and with the help of it you can check the status of your application
- After the verification of your documents by UIDAI, the aadhar number will come to your postal address and the process will take 90 days or 3 months.
From where to get Aadhaar card Application Form
Subscriber can download the Aadhar card application form online or may also get it from the enrollment center to save time as well as to avoid lengthy procedure it will be more preferable if a person download the form online, get all the required documents ready and then go the enrollment centre in order to avoid unnecessary wastage of time. After receiving an enrollment number the subscriber can download e-Aadhar Card if there is a need of aadhar in urgency.
e-Aadhar Card Downloading Steps
- Visit the website of e-aadhar
- Choose Aadhaar enrollment ID or Aadhar number
- Enter the enrollment ID with other required details such as pin code, number, name, etc.
- After getting done with all the above procedure click on One Time Password (OTP)
- The OPT will come with the mobile number linked with Aadhar enter that OTP and click on ‘validate’ and download option.
Documents required for the procedure to apply for Aadhaar card
Various documents to apply for Aadhar card are required
- One identity Proof
- One Address Proof
- One proof of Date of Birth
In anyone in the family does not have valid document even then the person can get enroll only the condition is such person name must exist in the family entitled document and the head of the family need to get enrolled with all the required documents such as valid identity proof, address proof, and other documents.
The resident may take help of the introducers who are available at the enrollment center if there are no documents available to the subscriber.
How to check the status of allotment of Aadhar card online?
- To check the status of aadhar card online the initial step is to visit the official website of UIDAI and submit your enrollment number to check if you have been allotted an aadhar number.
- You will see two items on the top:
- 14 digit enrollment number, and
- Date and time of enrollment
The aadhar number along with the biometric or demographic information of Aadhar number holder is submitted to the CIDR (Central Identities Data Repository) for its verification and it verifies the correctness on the basis of available information.
Modes of Authentication
Only upon the request sent by the entity electronically, an authentication request shall be entertained by the authority. There are different modes of authentication given below:
Demographic information obtain from the Aadhar number holder should match with the demographic information with the Aadhar number in the CIDR.
One-time pin based Authentication
The one-time pin is available with a limited time validity which is sent to the email address or on the mobile number of the holder of Aadhar number registered with an authority.
Therefore, aadhaar holder has to provide OTP along with his Aadhar number and during the authentication, the same should match with the OTP generated by the authority.
Aadhar holder should submit the aadhaar number and biometric information to the authority and such information should be matched with the biometric information of the aadhaar holder stored in the CIDR.
The combination of two or more modes given above may be used for authentication.