- Apply Aadhaar card online
- Process to apply Aadhaar card online
- Who can apply for Aadhaar card
- How to check Aadhaar Enrollment Status Online
- Steps to download and print Aadhaar Card
- How to get Aadhaar card
- What to do if you lost your acknowledgment slip?
- Important things to remember while visiting the enrollment center
One can apply Aadhaar card online. 12 digit Aadhar card number has become important for many service providers as they ask their customer to link account and aadhar number such as bank etc. as a result to avail all the monetary benefits of the government scheme which will be transferred to the aadhar linked bank account of the individual. The Aadhaar provide the proof of identity and it is more helpful while opening a bank account and because of the aadhaar card the people of rural and semi-urban areas can avail the benefits of government schemes. It is the social security in India which serves a Unique Identity and the applicant make the correction in the application within 96 hours of such application.
Apply Aadhaar card online
Visit the official website of UIDAI and from there an applicant will get the online application form you need to fill up the details in the application form such as name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address etc. for the purpose to apply Aadhaar card online be careful while filling the details and do not forget to provide your phone number which has to link with your aadhaar make sure the information which you are providing should be truly correct and accurate in order to avoid any problem or cancellation of your application in future as the information provided by you is to be verified by the authority or UIDAI. One can easily apply Aadhaar card online as it less time consuming and cost saving.
After filling up several details furthersome you have to search for the enrollment center near you either you can take appointment from the enrollment center or even there is no problem if you visit there without taking an appointment. Visit the center and get yourself registered for the card.
Process to apply Aadhaar card online
Online process to apply for aadhaar card is given below:
- First of all find an Aadhaar enrollment center near you.
- Book an appointment online.
- Furthersome visit the enrollment center on the day, date and time of the appointment.
- After visiting the enrollment center do the following things:
- Submit the enrollment form which is filled by you after downloading it from online along with supporting documents.
- Furthersome you need to submit the proof of identity and a proof of address.
- Once you submit the document and they get accepted at the center then you have to submit your biometric data which includes an impression of your fingerprints and your iris.
- Give your photograph at the enrollment center for records.
- Once all your details are collected at the enrollment center you will get a receipt which is known as acknowledgment slip of your enrollment which will consequently help you to can check the status of your aadhaar. Acknowledgment slip contains 14 digit enrollment number of it
Who can apply for Aadhaar card
Apply Aadhaar card online save the time and money of every individual, people who can apply for Aadhaar card are given below:
- Non-resident of India if residing in India
- Any foreigner residing in India
- The resident of India is eligible to apply for aadhaar card.
How to check Aadhaar Enrollment Status Online
In addition to check Aadhaar Enrollment Status Online follow the procedure given below:
- Visit the UIDAI official website
- Mention your enrollment number to check if you have been allowed an Aadhaar number or not.
- For the purpose to check your Aadhaar status on the mobile type the SMS “UID STATUS<14 digit enrollment number> and send that SMS to 51969.
- If your aadhaar card has been issued then you will receive a reply which will display your Aadhaar card number and if in case your Aadhaar card has not been generated then you will receive a message which will display the present status of your card.
Steps to download and print Aadhaar Card
- First of all visit the official website of UIDAI
- Furthersome select Aadhaar Online Service and click “Aadhaar enrollment”
- The third step is to click “Download Aadhaar”.
- You will be redirected to the eAadhar.uidai.gov.in/
- Choose the suitable option of UID or EID accordingly
- Enter your Aadhaar number or Enrollment number.
- Fill all the details such as:
- Phone number
- Email ID
- Pin code
- Enter the Captcha
- Furthersome click on OPT
- You will receive the One Time Password on your registered mobile number.
- Mention that OTP in the column to verify
- After the submission of OTP click “download”
- You will get the PDF format of your aadhaar card
- Open the aadhaar card PDF by entering the Aadhaar password and pin code
How to get Aadhaar card
Once you submit all the required documents with your biometric data probably you will receive it within 90 days or 3 months, if you apply Aadhaar card online. However, it will be sent to you at your postal address. Sometimes it may take a longer time to arrive due to the high volume of people applying for aadhaar card but in case you need it urgently then you can go for the e-Aadhaar which you have to download from the official website of the UIDAI. You can go through the process how to download e-Aadhar
What to do if you lost your acknowledgment slip?
If you lost your acknowledgment slip or enrollment details due to any reason then don’t panic you will receive the details by going through the process given below:
- Visit the website of UIDAI
- Go to the Aadhaar online service and choose “lost UID/EID”
- Click on the “selection” to get your lost EID
- Enter your name, mobile number, email ID, and security captcha.
- You will receive the one time password on your registered mobile number
- Submit the OTP in order to confirm your request.
- After the verification of you will receive your enrollment details.
Important things to remember while visiting the enrollment center
- You should carry most of all your necessary documents such as:
- Age proof
- Address proof
- Voter ID card etc. to avoid any kind of delay
You can find out the documents for Aadhaar
- The officers at enrollment center will take your photograph, fingerprints, and iris scan.
- Crosscheck all your details and make sure everything is correct.
- You will receive your aadhaar card within 2 to 3 months.