Aadhaar mobile app
The Unique Identification Authority of India has launched Aadhaar-mobile app, popularly known as mAadhaar app, for all the Android users. This mAadhaar app helps Aadhaar holders access all Aadhaar details on their smartphone. With the help of this mAadhaar app now you don’t need to carry Aadhaar card all the time. This application lets you carry all the information in a form of soft copy. The mAadhaar is now available for all the smartphone users in the country. All you need to download the mAadhaar app on your smartphone. All the Aadhaar details which include your name, address, gender, photograph, registered phone number, etc. will be stored in the app. You can simply avail any service by providing information through the mAadhaar app.
Related Article- Link Aadhaar with mobile number
Follow this process to download the mAadhaar app
To download the UIDAI mAadhaar application for the smartphone follow the simple process:
- Open google play store on your phone
- In the menu option select the “Apps” tab
- It will display many apps
- In the search box, type mAadhaar, and search
- Select the mAadhaar app and click on “Install” button to download the app
- Open the downloaded application.
- Finally, enter a password. And then enter it again to confirm the password.
Link Your Aadhaar number to the mAadhaar app
Follow the steps to link Aadhaar number to the mAadhaar:
- Open the downloaded mAadhaar app and enter your password.
- Providing your Aadhaar number and create your profile. Or you can scan the barcode on the Aadhaar card.
- Click on the “Verify” button, at the bottom of the screen.
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number
- The OTP is automatically entered in the interface and there is no need for you to type it manually.
- See your Aadhaar profile which includes your name, registered phone number, address, gender, etc.
How to View Your Profile on mAadhaar?
Follow the steps to view your profile
- Open the mAadhaar application on your phone
- Enter the correct password
- Your profile page will appear
Related Article- Link Aadhaar with PAN
How to delete your mAadhaar Profile?
Given below are the steps that will help you in deleting your profile:
- Open the mAadhaar app on your mobile
- Open your profile and click on the menu, at the top right portion of the screen
- Select “Delete Profile”
- Enter your password
- And finally, your profile gets deleted
Benefits of mAadhaar app
- Biometric Locking/Unlocking
The mAadhaar app comes with a feature, where you can lock and unlock your biometric data. You can enable the biometric lock and unlock your phone.
- No need to Aadhaar card
This is the biggest benefit of the mAadhaar app that you do not have to carry the physical card with you. All the data will be available on your smartphone after you download the application.
- Secured application
The mAadhaar app is quite secured as it has a one-time password (OTP) feature, which is time-based. This is a good security feature of this application.
- Enables you to share data
The mAadhaar app enables you to share your data with third-party applications through QR Codes, NFC, barcodes, or you can even email your details.
Important Things about the mAadhaar app
- It should be downloaded on the registered mobile number.
- You should not leave the application while you are waiting to receive the OTP
- A user can access, a maximum number of 3 profiles on one mobile phone
- The user can share the demographic related information using the QR codes
- Don’t forget the mAadhaar password
- Users can use Aadhaar app only on one device that you use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What if my phone number is not registered?
Ans. If you have not registered your mobile number with UIDAI, then the verification won’t work.
Q. What will happen if you don’t register your mobile number with Aadhaar?
Ans. You will not be able to download the app. So, register the phone number that you are using with UIDAI authorities.
Q. What happens if you log out from the page suddenly during the linking process?
Ans. The entire linking process needs to be repeated again.