Aadhaar card correction form and status update
You can update Aadhaar details or correct your Aadhaar card correction form data by visiting the official website of the UIDAI and download the Aadhaar card correction form. Residents also have the option of submitting their Aadhaar card correction form online.
It is important to update or make corrections in your Aadhaar card correction form as it has become important now in government services, pension benefits, subsidy, healthcare, taxation services, insurance services etc. For updating your information, all you need to do is visit the official website UIDAI and download the Aadhaar card correction form.
Once you make the update, you can submit the Aadhaar card correction form by post on the address mentioned on the form or you can submit the Aadhaar card correction form online.
How to fill Aadhaar card correction form?
The Aadhaar card correction form contains the following sections that are required to be filled in by the residents
- A field for Update/Correction – In this section you are required to choose the field you would like to update or correct. These fields are:
- Date of Birth in DD MM YYYY format
- Email ID
Requirements for Aadhar card correction form
You can choose as many fields as per your requirements to fill Aadhaar card correction form.
The below-listed fields are to be filled out in English as well as the local language that appears in your Aadhaar letter.
- Aadhaar Number( In this section, you will be required to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number).
- The name of the resident
- Gender – Choose from Male, Female or Transgender
- Address or C/O Details – Select from C/O, D/O, S/O, W/O, HO
- The Name of the Guardian / Parent / Spouse
- Address of house or Building Apartment
- Location of the Street / Road / Lane
- Mention the Landmark
- Area / Locality / Sector
- Village / Town / City
- District Name
- Post Office
- Pin Code
- Mobile Number – It is mandatory to enter your mobile number in this section
- E-mail – You can enter your email address if you so choose
Valid documents for Aadhaar card correction form
You can refer to Annexure 1 of the form to see the list of valid documents. There are four spaces to fill in namely:
- POI (For name correction)
- POI(For name change)
- DOB (For change in date of birth)
- POA (For change in address)
After all these fields have been filled with the correct information, you will be required to sign the form or provide a thumbprint stating that the information you have provided is true and accurate.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Update Status?
Aadhaar card is the government identity cards to procure, as the process is transparent and most of its services are available online. One can easily check Aadhaar card status online. You can take advantage of this ease of access and ensure that your Aadhaar card is error-free. Since the Aadhaar card is important in many banking facilities and in getting government benefits, make sure the details on the card are accurate and up-to-date with details such as the address. Hence, we should know why we need it and how to apply for it before we get into checking the Aadhaar card update status.
Procedure for Updating Aadhaar Card
Simply follow the given steps, which will able you to apply for an update/change/correction in Aadhaar card details:
- Go to UIDAI’s website for changing Aadhaar details.
- Your Aadhaar number will be asked. Enter the same.
- Click on the Send ‘OTP’ button.
- Once you receive the One Time Password (OTP) on your linked mobile number enter the same on the screen.
- Also, enter the Captcha code and submit.
- On the ‘Data Update Request’ tab, that now will flow on your screen enter the details that you need to change the form.
Next, You would need to browse and update the soft/digital copies of the supporting documents for the change/update or correction.
You will be given a URN number, which is absolutely essential for checking your update status later. So, please keep the URN number saved carefully.
Steps to Check Aadhaar Card Update Status:
- Visit the UIDAI Website.
- Enter your Aadhaar Card Number and then enter the URN number (given to you when you applied for the correction online).
- Click on “Get Status”.
Kinds of Status
- Under Review
The reason behind the status “Rejected”
- Insufficient Documents Provided.
- Given Incorrect Details, While Registering.
- Human Error When Filling the Request Form.
Do’s and Don’ts While Filling Aadhaar Correction Form
- The form must be filled using capital letters only.
- Providing your mobile number is mandatory so that any further updates or corrections can be made in future.
- The form can only be sent through the post
- Fill out the form in English that was used in the Aadhaar form as well as at the time of enrolment.
- The form must be filled only with current details and not with invalid information
- Full names should not have salutations such as Mr / Dr / Col etc.
- The complete address shall be entered since the updated Aadhaar letter will be sent to the address mentioned.
- When self-attesting the attached supporting documents, the name of the resident must be clearly mentioned below the signatures or thumbprints
- The documents which support the updates or corrections are to be provided.
- Any incorrect information entered in the form may lead to rejection of the application
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I request to update fields by sending a request by Post?
Ans. Yes, you can submit the request for Name, gender, DoB, address and email update through Post mode.
Q. Where should I send the update request by post?
Ans. You can send the update requests by India post to one of the following addresses: Address
Address 1: UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Address 2: UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
Q. How should I submit my Update request?
Ans. In case you have lost or do not possess anymore the mobile that you have registered at the time of enrolment, you will have to visit the nearest Update Centre to personally update the information and register your new mobile number.